Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I Was A Father Today
A few months ago I bought Angels tickets for hubby and my boys for today. The kids all had a minimum day at school so I thought it would be a good opportunity for them to all get out together and celebrate an early Fathers Day with an afternoon at the diamond.

It was a good plan. However, last Sunday hubby tells me that he has to go on a business trip Monday morning and he wont be home until Wednesday night.

Hence the reason I became the Dad today and got to enjoy an afternoon at the ballpark. Samantha stayed home with her little sister. She's such a good girl.

I was so happy to realize that our seats were in the shade behind first base. We went to a game a couple of weeks ago and sat in the blazing sun on a Sunday afternoon right behind the home dugout. The seats were FANTASTIC but I think I got sun sickness or something. I had the worst headache that night when we got home. I was much happier with these seats that were a little farther back in the shade.

There was something I have been wanting to talk with you about regarding the game a few weeks ago. There was a man sitting a few rows in front of us that looked like a movie star. He was probably in his late 30's with a golden tan and beautiful hair. Think Corbin Bernson from his L.A. law days (sorry to those of you under 30 who wont know who I am talking about). His hair, actually, was a little to pretty.

This guy had obviously blow dried his hair very carefully. His feathered look would have made Farrah Fawcett very proud. I really wanted to take a picture for you all to see but I wasn't sure how to do it without him thinking I was a freak.

Throughout the game I found myself watching him. There was something about him that really bugged me. I don't think I can trust a guy who spends that much time on his hair. I am sure he spends WAY more time in the bathroom getting ready than I do. Somehow, that just doesn't seem right.

Thankfully this man left after the seventh inning so I could quit obsessing about his hair and start paying attention to the game. Oh boy, was it ever an exciting one (you non sports fans should probably stop reading now).


We were down by one in the bottom of the ninth.



Then this guy gets a hit.
The fans cheer!!!


A few more batters, a couple more hits and the boys are celebrating another victory.

They look just like little leaguer's high fiving each other and jumping up and down. So much fun to watch! Almost as much fun as watching the man I love enjoy a day at the ballpark with his oldest son.


They were in baseball heaven!

Labels:


  posted at 9:43 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Bummer that your hubby couldn't go, but great for you!! Except now you have to go buy another Father's Day gift. Or do you?
When do your kids get out of school? And when do they start back? Down here, we start Aug. 11th and will be out by May 20th. I heard on the news the other day that NJ had canceled school because of the heat wave, and it blew my mind.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You crack me up! I wish you would have gotten the photo of the hair It is a good thing he left early. It would have been horrible if you would have ruined the whole game obsessing over his pretty hair.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, fun -- those are GREAT pictures!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Kathyb1960 said...

I always wondered if it was true that Dodger and Angel fans really got there in the 3rd inning, and left in the 7th inning. Well, you just verified part of that anyway. I can't imagine only going for 4 innings but I guess the time spent on the highway makes up for it.

I am a Chicago Cubs fan in Texas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: