Friday, May 02, 2008
Getting Things Done
I have had a busy and productive week. I'm ready to relax a little this weekend.

I had Paige's (4) IEP (Individual Education Plan) meeting this week. We talked about her great progress in the preschool program and also about our goals for the future. I really like the school psychologist. Not only is she very knowledgeable she seems to have a good grasp on common sense. Something I have found lacking in the doctors I have taken Paige to see.

She sees nothing in her testing that would back up the first doctors diagnosis of Autism. Paige, for some reason, has pretty severe developmental and speech delays. She is making amazing progress and they expect great things from her. Isn't this so much nicer than the doctor who basically told me to not get my hopes up?

She was approved to go to the special day kindergarten class next fall, which we had requested, and she will continue to receive the help and support she needs. I am so happy. This is a wonderful answer to prayer.

My week was also busy running our 14 year old middle son around from doctor to doctor. He is still having his problem. The nephrologist has ruled out, after many many tests, any problems with his kidneys. I am very thankful for that, however, this meant we were transferred over to the urologist who will be doing a test involving dye and catheters and x-ray's. It does not sound fun. Hubby has been elected to go with him for this one. I don't really think a 14 year old boy wants his mother standing next to him for a test like this.

I really liked this doctor. He was great with Tyler and very reassuring. I just want them to figure out what is wrong so they can fix it and this poor kid can get on with life as usual. It seems like he has spent more time at the doctors office lately than he has at school.

I'm trying not to freak out and let my mind go places I shouldn't regarding this little problem. I am definitely continuing my ban on Web M.D.. I don't need to be doing any self diagnosing and sending myself into a tizzy.

Today I also finished reviewing our Dossier documents and I found a mistake on one of them. I was so annoyed. I thought I was all done with the paper chase. Have I mentioned in the last few weeks how much I hate paperwork? Yeah, I thought so. I'm sorry.

Lastly, we are still thinking about the house. I actually got loan approval today just in case we decided to make an offer. Not sure what we will do but it is nice knowing we have options if we decide to do something. I think much more prayer is needed.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 5:42 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

What good news about Paige! I'm glad she is getting help and that you are pleased with the school. That's huge!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Sounds like Cutie Paige,is headed in the right direction!Now get your son figured out,and wait for God's answer on the house....

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad for Paige! It sounds like she is doing beautifully, and I am glad you have a supportive team working with you.

I hope you will find answers for Tyler soon!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Well, I do understand all the tests and unclear results part. I'm sure it is so different with a child who understands what is going on though!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Truth said...

I'm happy for you that the IEP went so well. My daughter attended my grandson's IEP on Friday. It did not go so well. I was supposed to go with her, but my grandson ended up sick, so I stayed with him. He too had received an autism diagnosis, but it never seemed to fit. Now he has a clinical diagnosis of Angelman syndrome. I wish it was more concrete.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm glad Paige is getting the support she deserves! I'll say a prayer for your son and your house situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: