Wednesday, May 07, 2008
A Sleepy Day
Paige (4) started attending the morning preschool class this week. She now goes four days (Mon. - Thurs.) a week instead of only two. Today is day three and I can't wake her up. She is pooped.

Mom is pooped too! I fell asleep last night with Paige at 7:30 on my bed. No one came and woke me up, so around 2:30 this morning I woke up, my body was done sleeping.

I folded a whole bunch of laundry, picked up the house, and did some paperwork. It was great. A very productive time.

The only problem is that it is now 7:00 a.m. and I want to go back to bed. However, there are children to take care of and take to school. Bummer. (OK, did that just date me?)

I also have a workman showing up this morning to fix a 12 x 12" hole in my upstairs drywall. How, you may ask, did you get a hole that size in your wall?

Well, you see, my wonderful husband decided to wrestle his very large 14 year old son in the hallway. For fun.

The force of there bodies hitting the wall shattered it, creating the very large hole.

As we may be putting our house on the market in a few weeks I thought it would be wise to fix the hole asap.

I'm pretty sure a large hole in the hallway is not a feature most home buyers are seeking.

I think I'm going to lay on the couch and watch American Idol and Dancing with the Stars while my nice workman fixes the hole.

Just think about the story he'll have to tell his wife when he gets home about the crazy lady with all the kids who lays on her couch all day and watches reality TV shows.

Should be a good conversation at dinner tonight.

Labels:


  posted at 7:14 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 10:05 AM, Blogger LISA said...

Yesterday must have been a tiring day! I fell asleep as soon as i got home from work.5:30ish. I woke up at 7:50,just in time to watch the end of American Idol!I think it will be a battle between the 2 David's.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

axYou are so funny! Enjoy the couch. With all the work you did in the middle of the night, you earned some couch time!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

GRIN! My kids came home to me dozing on the couch yesterday - they thought I was sick. Nope, just tired from three nights in a row of really cruddy sleep. I felt guilty, but also was waaaay too tired to get up and fight it! Tired beat guilty, 1-0!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I'm sorry about the hole in yoru wall!!!

Did I miss the announcement that you are going to buy that house?

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

lol...you rock.

my bug guy came over this thursday and i was runningn ahead of him to pick up the kids underwear out of the bathroom floor. i know he loves telling his wife how nasty the preacher's house is...lol

happy mother's day!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey Julie, I've done the same thing numerous times. The whole day you end up feeling sluggish. However, it's amazing what you can accomplish in the wee hours without any interruptions!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger lifelaughterchaos said...

Thanks for visiting me again! There is a couple from my church who are planning to adopt 2 kiddos from ethiopia. I guess when you have 5, what's 2 more? Seriously, I would not be stressed to adopt 2 right now because I feel that once you get past 3, it's all the same...managing chaos!

I will keep atrack of your journey too!

Billie

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

That's funny - our boys and their Dad wrestle all the time - and we have the dings in our walls to prove it, too. Just not as big as your "ding" LOL. Hope you get some rest tonight!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Doin' OK?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Ah, what I wouldn't give to be a couch potato right now. I shouldn't complain, I was up late last night with Hubby watching 3 episodes of Battlestar Galactica, we are so addicted to this series, so I got my TV time in. But then I had to get up at 5:30 AM with Baby Bug (our 6 month old foster daughter) and now I'm dragging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: