Sunday, April 27, 2008
No, I'm not Trying to Kill My Husband!
Life has been really busy lately. Between baseball and Adoption paperwork I feel like I have been running around in circles for weeks. I really thought I could not add one more thing to our lives.

Until a week ago.

When I found this pretty little house on 1.6 acres just a few minutes from our current home.

If you know anything about California Real Estate you will know that there are not many houses on that size lot that "regular" people can actually afford.

The house was built 25 years ago by the husband of the woman who is now selling it. Her husband died a few years ago and she has moved to a new home and needs to sell this one.

The house has lemon, orange, apricot, avocado, fig, and grapefruit trees. All over. Let's just say that this funky house is pretty close to my "dream house". The husband was an architect and built the home himself, he definitely had a unique style.

I enthusiastically told my husband about the house.

He gave me the look. You know, thaaat look.

The one that says "Are you trying to kill me"? and "We are already considering home schooling our children next year and are definitely adopting a new child(ren), how many things can we change in one year"?

I gave him that look that said "Please go and look at with me". Being the wonderful husband that he is he agreed to meet the realtor at the house and take a look at it.

We both fell in love.

I have looked at that house four times in 7 days. I have prayed about it. We have talked endlessly about it.

The idea of our children actually having that much room to run around in excited us to no end.

The question is "Do we really want to move with all that is going on right now"? Is this a change God wants us to make?

We are praying and waiting for an answer. Part of me wants to rush out and make an offer this minute. However, I keep reminding myself that if it is meant to be it will work out and God will provide the way.

Please pray for my husband. He really DOES NOT LIKE CHANGE. God is really stretching him (and I) in this area. We have felt change on the horizon for us, we just had no idea how much.

If you take the time to pray for us can you please also pray for the people who are being evacuated this evening in the Sierra Madre fire. We actually saw the beginnings of this fire yesterday while at a family wedding. They had one airplane dropping water on it early in the day. By the time we left the reception the fire was much bigger and coming down the hill towards houses. I am really annoyed that they didn't get more air support on the fire before it spread like that. I really don't understand how or why it got so big so fast?

Labels: , ,


  posted at 11:09 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Happy to pray for you Julie...walk in wisdom and peace. Let the Holy Spirit give you your answer...He knows what is best for you and what is in His plan and purpose for your lives.

Seek Him, listen and you will know with the peace that passes understanding!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

I will pray for you and your family and that the right answer is put into your heart. ;)

by the way after piquing my curiosity...where is the pic of the house????? lol

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Sounds like an awesome place! Can't wait to hear what happens! House pictures, please!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

how gorgeous!!! I will definitely be praying that God makes straight a path - for both of you!!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I've said a prayer as you make a decision about this.

More room does sound nice! Also, when youy were talking about the trees I THOUGHT you were going to say it had lemon, avacado, and orange walls--or something like that.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, wow, how exciting! And such great deals out there right now -- are you worried about selling? I look forward to how it all turns out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: