Saturday, April 05, 2008
Moments That Made Me Smile Today
Watching my 9 year old play baseball. The joy on that kids face when he plays is just priceless.

Here he is playing catcher and trying really hard to get the ball back to the pitcher so he can make the play at the plate. It was a great try but the runner was safe.


Digging one out of the dirt.
Here he is waiting for his pitch.

"No", he thinks to himself, "This isn't my pitch".
"Yeah"!, that's the one I wanted.
Do you see the ball coming right at you? You'd better duck!

After the game (which they won, yeah!) I went home to pick up my girls for the team pizza party. Paige was in her purple princess dress. When I asked why she wasn't dressed to go out for pizza she replied "I am mom, I'm in my party dress".

I guess she got a little confused when her sister told her they were going to a pizza party. She assumed formal attire was required. Let me tell you she was the hit of the pizza joint.

While driving to the pizza party Paige looks out the window and sees the sun going down.

She sweetly says "Goodbye Sun, have a good sleep, I love you, see you in the morning"

How often do you give the sun the love and admiration it truly deserves?

Yeah, I thought so.
_____________________________________________________________

Watching the expression on my 11 year old daughter's face when she finds out she is going ALONE with her Mom to Idol Gives Back.

For some reason she thought we were all going and was thrilled to find out it was just a date for Mom and herself.

Watching her pick out nail polish for a manicure and a special outfit to look her best.

The smile on her face when she went to bed.

The smile that says "I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world".

Priceless.

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:59 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:43 AM, Blogger LISA said...

I REALLY went through withdrawal when my son graduated high school,no more baseball!I think it's the best stress reliever coz you can scream "RUN HARD" really loud! LOL!Paige is such a sweetie.Bell of the ball! Baseball in this case!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

We were just talking last night about praising God for things that weren't material...possibly nature...We could have used Paige's sun admiration as a lesson. One praised God for his brother's cake decorating skills, and another for a good birthday cake. Ugh. They'll get it someday, won't they?

I just signed one of my younger boys up for baseball. He's never played...and he's ten. Hopefully he can stand up to the pressure! He asked me to get him some baseball lessons before practice starts. (Yes dear, I'll check the yellow pages for them.)

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great game photos! And tell Paige that my Best Girl thinks a princess dress is perfect attire for ANY occasion! :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What great pics you got there!! I'm glad his team won the game :0)
So, how was AI?? Hopefully you got some pictures of your outing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: