Saturday, April 19, 2008
It's A Wonderful Life
Today I took my 14 year old son with me to run my Friday errands. I try to pick one day to run around town and get everything done so I'm not out of the house every day of the week.

After we had gone to the optometrist to pick up my new glasses, and Walmart, the sporting good store (for some new baseball socks) and the car dealership to have a brake light replaced, he says to me.

Do you do this every Friday?

Yeah, pretty much. Except I obviously don't go to the same places every Friday. Just what ever is needed that week.

Geez, he replies, you lead a really boring life Mom.

Thank You, son.

My fourteen year old may think I lead a boring life but I completely disagree. I love my life. My God. My husband and my children. I feel so blessed that I am able to be a stay at home mom.

I was reminding myself today of how blessed I am as I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the weekend calendar and all the dirty laundry spread down my upstairs hallway.

The kids have been fighting a lot this past week. I am unsure why, but it was making me feel like a failure as a mother. Do any of you have those moments?

Anyway, I picked up my Bible and this is the verse I read today.

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to
each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually;

1 Thessalonians 5:15-17


I do believe my family will be memorizing this particular Scripture over the weekend. This mom needs to especially remember the last two words in this verse.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:44 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:50 PM, Blogger LISA said...

It's just fine with me to be "boring"!!
I don't like DRAMA!!!
Unless it's on a stage!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I remember thinking that everything about adults was boring--especially the things they liked to talk about!
Of course I was sure MY life would be more exciting. :)HA!

That's a great verse to memorize. I really need to work on memorizing with my girls.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm still without a computer and just got caught up with you. Coffeemate creamer? Come on, just drink it black like me. (I'd love the creamer but cannot afford the extra calories!)

So, regarding your adoption, where are you on the 'list'?

Disneyland passes...90 degree weather...pool time...Want to trade lives for a few months, I mean decades?

Have a great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: