Friday, April 18, 2008
Mom's Mussings
I woke up yesterday morning to discover I was out of this.....


I cried.

I never used to drink coffee. Until about six months ago when I discovered this most wonderful product.

Now I am addicted.

I actually ran into the market, in my pajama's, after dropping the first group of kids off at school to buy some.

Does this mean I now have a serious problem?

__________________________________________________________________

Not to change the subject, however, we had the most exciting evening last night.

Garrett (9) had one of the best nail bitter baseball games I have ever seen.

There team was down by four runs in the last inning with only a few minutes left before the umpire was going to call time.

Our boys stepped up to the challenge and scored 5 runs with only one minute left in the game.

We all had a blast and it was fun to end up on the winning side of one of those close games. We seem to have lost most of those lately. This win also propelled the boys team into second place. Very exciting!

I was also thrilled by the behavior of all the parents (from both teams) as we rooted on our players and gave praise where it was deserved on both sides.

The smile on hubby's face will be there for many days to come.

Go Yankees! (The sweet little league variety, not those obnoxious New York player's. I apologize to any of you "real" Yankee fans in advance).

Happy Friday!

Labels:


  posted at 4:12 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Mom to many said...

Yup - this means you are addicted. There are worse things you could be addicted to, though. This one seems not soooo bad. We are just getting ready to start baseball here in South Dakota. My husband coaches the little guys team (not so little anymore) of ages 5-14... ok, two teams. I don't know if I'm ready for the season, but here we go...

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an exciting game! And yes, you are addicted. I am as well, but it is for the diet drink I have every morning. If I am out, I have to run in the gas station on the way to school. HAVE TO.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Welcome to Coffee Addicts Anonymous. My name is The Gang and I've been hooked for 3.5 years. And can you please pass the sugar free hazelnut creamer?! ;)

Ugh. I was a guest in a home this morning where there was weak coffee with skim milk. I am now counting down the hours till The Boss brews his extra strong, dark, rich 8 o'clock brew. The sight and smell of the coffee mingling with the nutty creamer are tantalizing my taste buds and my mind even now.

Excuse me, I must wipe up the drool on my keyboard now.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger LISA said...

First,the game!!I LOVE games like that!!!Fans don't like to sit in front of me 'cause i cheer so loud!!Congrats to Garett and team!
OK, the coffee thing...uh huh!You traded your Diet Coke for coffee??!!I'll have to stick with my DC.I don't like coffee,so i'm still addicted to DC.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi ladies,

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this particular problem.

Lisa, I can't believe you remembered about the diet coke. Yes, I traded the DC for coffee. However, I drink much less coffee than I did DC so I think it is still better.

Or maybe I'm just kidding myself? Hmmm.

Have a great weekend my friends,
Julie

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Nah...I don't think you're addicted...ok, ok, maybe you are ;)
Congrats to your son's team! I love nailbiters as long as my team wins ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: