Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Idol Gives Back Part 2
The producer of Idol, Nigel Lithgowe, is explaining to the audience some things he needs us to do during the telecast (like when to clap, when to be really quiet, etc.) and then out of the blue asks if there are any Republicans in the house?

I guess he's been around Hollywood so long he had never actually met a Republican and wasn't sure they actually existed.

A few people clapped. However, not many.

I was a little stunned trying to figure out what this guy was up to.

He went on to explain that Idol had asked the three candidates (Hillary, Barrack, and John McCain) to send in messages to be aired during Wednesday nights show.

We would be seeing those messages. He wanted to make sure that no Republicans would be offended as John McCain's tape was not very good and they had asked him to send in another. So, when we saw the videos please don't storm out, it wasn't a conspiracy, they were going to fix Mr. McCain's tape (He also reminded us that he wasn't a citizen and couldn't vote which I thought was funny.).

Oh, OK, I thought. I was glad he had told us that because I would have been one of those people thinking that it had been done on purpose.

Towards the end of the first half the tapes of all the candidates start running and they urge people to give generously to those in need.

Hillary looked great. She was placed beside a picture of Idol and she looked refreshed and happy to be talking with us.

Barrack looked great and enthusiastic. The man is a very good speaker.

and then John McCain came on.

What were his PR people thinking? This was his chance to talk FOR FREE to millions of people and they sent in a total piece of crap.

They had him standing next to a yellow wall with no background, he looked rumbled and tired, and the quality of the film was awful. I wouldn't be surprised if this had been taped at an airport in 5 minutes after he had been campaigning all day.

After seeing that tape I was a little concerned about the organization of the McCain campaign.

Again, I just can't imagine what they were thinking?

Next up, the orphans. Oh, how they will touch your heart!

Labels:


  posted at 9:07 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Gosh! I have to curl my lip at the GOP!! Why, why, why can't they do things with excellence?!?
I can't wait to watch tomorrow night--you're doing a great job of clueing me in to what happened between the commercials!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I've been reading your blog. I'm watching Idol Gives Back and it's funny because I feel like I know someone who is there. Thanks for the updates on what happened behind the scences.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Anne,

Aww, thats so nice. Also, thanks for saying Hi and reading my rambling thoughts.

julie

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger MSM said...

I can't believe you were there!

I was reading your AI posts in utter confusion; you'd seen things I hadn't seen, etc., and I kept reading previous posts til I figured it out!

Was it hard to get tickets / such good seats?

That's very interesting about Jason being so bored. . .and you'd really think they'd been coached about behavior - yes, the camera could've swung around to them. .. ..

Anyway, this is all VERY interesting to us!

Thanks for visiting my blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: