Monday, April 07, 2008
Idol Gives Back - OMG
FANTASTIC! AMAZING! UNBELIEVABLE!

Those words can't begin to express how HOT the show was last night. Samantha and I had a great time and this is one memory I'm sure we will relive forever.

I'm really not sure where to start so I'm just going to ramble about anything I think you might want to know. I'm apologizing in advance if I ramble on abit but I have so many things I MUST tell you, you will have to excuse me this once (OK, I'm sure I've rambled before, but lets just forget about that.).

The show was a few minutes late starting because someone was in the bathroom. Guess who it was? Yep, Simon. However, when they introduced him and he came out in a nice suit (sans tie) he looked the best I'd ever seen him. Paula had on a very Red dress that was so tight she couldn't walk in it. She looked great as long as she didn't have to walk, and of course Randy looked great.

The "Idols" came out for the first number and sang a song together. They all looked fantastic. Second up was John Legend who sang a beautiful song and then he introduced Annie Lennox who came out and sang while John Legend accompanied her on the piano. The work Annie Lennox has done with children in Africa is just amazing and it was very early in the show that I realized I hadn't brought any kleenex with me. This, my friends, was a very big mistake. More on this later. The topic will require an entire post of its own.

Now, before I tell you what happened next I have to explain where we were sitting. We were in the first Mezzanine level, far right, second row, seats one and two, right next to the lower boxes (we were right over the stage, they were great seats). Our seats were actually right next to the first box and we could talk to the very nice family that was sitting in there. Right next to that box and just tiered a little upwards was another box that sat empty.

I believe Snoop Dog was performing when Samantha nudged me and I looked up to see all the "Idols" hanging over the edges of that previously empty box. Samantha said Hi to David Cook. He waved and smiled. Michael Johns was waving and smiling to someone he knew behind us. They were so close to us that we could have had a conversation without yelling. It was hard to look away.

For the rest of the first half of the show I had a hard time paying attention. It was much more interesting to watch the "Idols" interact with each other and ooh and aah over all the stars that were there.

Jason Castro looked bored. I think he was clueless as to who some of the talent was. Fergie sang Baracuda with Heart which I thought was AWESOME. Jason put his head down on the balcony with his arm hanging over. The mother in me wanted to tell him to sit up and pay attention, the camera might be put on him. However, I held my tongue. I also had to inform my daughter that if she told Jason I thought he was cute she would be on restriction for the rest of her life. She looked very disappointed , I could tell she had been thinking about it. I wanted to avoid any "Mrs. Robinson" moments as I am definitely old enough to be that kids mother.

I felt a little sorry for Jason. It seemed that Michael Johns and David Cook were good friends and were hanging out together. Carly and Syesha were talking it up. David Archuletta was hanging out with Brooke and Kristy Lee and little old Jason seemed to be off by himself. It was really interesting to watch.

Now, when I wasn't watching the "Idols" I did watch the show. It was amazing. Alicia Keyes, Mariah Carey, Carrie Underwood (who looked gorgeous), Gloria Estefan, and the teen favorite of the night Miley Cyrus.

Miley did a really cute chat with Billy Crystal. Robin Williams, Reese Witherspoon, Jimmy Kimmel, and Eli and Patton Manning were also there. Jimmy Kimmel was hysterical and really had Simon squirming in his seat.

My favorite moment of the evening? Why that would have to be Brad Pitt. He got one of the loudest audience reactions and was noticeably embarrassed. That guy is so cute!! Camera's weren't allowed (I was so bummed) but I tried to take a picture with my cell phone but by the time I found it and turned it on the moment was over. I'm sorry Internets. You'll just have to take my word for it...or watch the show on Wednesday night. You wont be disappointed.

Before the show started the producer of Idol, Nigel Lithgowe, came out and spoke to us about some things he needed us to do during the telecast. Before he was done he asked if there were any Republicans in the house?

The crowd became noticeably quiet.

Uh Oh, I thought, I may be in trouble here.

More on that later......................................

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:06 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 3:54 PM, Blogger missy said...

Wow wow wow wow wow. I am just floored by all the famous people you got to see all at once! Brad Pitt alone is enough for one or two of those wow's. That is one handsome man!

Can't wait to hear more!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger LISA said...

WOW!!!!How fun!!! I want to hear about the kleenex!!!Or rather,lack of!
Was Samantha just amazed??

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

How cool!!! I'm so glad you gave us the 411 on all the idols and how they interacted with each other. I like Jason Catro myself, and I think he's just different than the others. Like, his musical influences are not pop culture. I've heard he's a Christian, so maybe all this pomp and stuff doesn't impress him.
I'm going to miss the show on Wed. night 'cause I have to be at church, but I will tape it now! You've got me excited to watch.
And, you can't leave me hanging on the Republican remark. Out with it!!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Oh, how fun! I can imagine how memorable that will all be.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Julie!! I'm sorry I didn't get over to your blog earlier!! HOW EXCITING!! And we did watch, so I know everything you are talking about. But how fun to have the "idols" so close to watch them. Off to read part 2 . . .

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Kathyb1960 said...

My sister and my niece went to see them when they were in Oklahoma. They said it was pretty good. But they both are pretty quiet people, so that probably means it was FANTASTIC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: