Monday, February 25, 2008
A Decision Made
Happy Monday everyone. We had a great weekend full of baseball, hanging out and playing scrabble. Yesterday I over slept and by the time I got all the kids ready for church it was time to leave and I had no time to get myself ready.

Bad mommy.

Dave stepped in and took the kids with him to church and I STAYED IN MY PAJAMA'S ALL DAY LONG. I thoroughly enjoyed it but had to keep suppressing my guilt over missing church. I really think God understood. I needed a few hours to myself.

We have had a lot of late night discussions trying to decide the path we were suppose to be taking with this adoption. I told you a few weeks ago that we were praying about the possibility of adopting siblings. We took this decision very seriously and wanted to pray over it and not make a snap decision.

This weekend we finally agreed that we really felt God leading our hearts toward siblings. I am really excited and feel such peace about this decision. To have my husband tell me he thinks we should adopt siblings could not have happened without God working in his heart. He was COMPLETELY against this idea as little as a few months ago.

God is good and I am so excited to see what he has planned for our family.

The agency we are adopting through does not place children out of birth order in most cases. The director of our program is contacting Ethiopia to verify what age children we can request. Most likely it will be children four and under. She has asked us to give her a few days to investigate our options and then she will get back with us.

I am so excited we have almost come to the end of the paperwork NIGHTMARE. Again, I really hate paper work. Not a good trait for an adoptive parent. I have a big stack of papers all notarized and just waiting to be sent off. The last step is putting the age of children we are requesting in our home study and then we are on our way to finishing up and hopefully can have all our paperwork in Ethiopia within the next eight weeks.

Then the big wait for a referral will start. So exciting!

I know many of you have been praying for our family as we have tried to make a decision that would be pleasing to our Heavenly Father. Your prayers and well wishes are appreciated and felt more than you can ever know. Thank You my friends.

I will let you know what we find out from Ethiopia as soon as I receive word.

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and
may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the
knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious
might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving
thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the
saints in the kingdom of light.

Colossians 1:10-12

Labels:


  posted at 1:46 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 2:58 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Well that sounds like a great idea. I don't know that anyone loves paperwork, so I don't think it is a bad thing even in an adoptive parent. I can't wait to hear more news about this. Adoption blog stories are very interesting to read as well as exciting.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Paperwork sucks .. but LOOK! AT! THE! REWARD!

I'm so completely excited for you guys. I know you've been struggling with making this decision, and PRAISE! GOD! He's answered :)

You know, we aren't that far away- if you need help with paperwork, grab a pen and we'll meet halfway :)

My pen, is your pen.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger LISA said...

You could always let your coordinator that you would be open to either.Singleton or sibling group...

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Such an exciting time for your family!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Annie said...

What an exciting time to have come to this decision! Shows how God does work in hearts :)

And yes, the paperwork does stink, but don't worry, ALL of us have felt that way...then I hear there's a whole bunch more to gather before we travel...oh, the FUN!!!!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

This is a wonderful adventure. I can't wait to see who you guys are led to. In all adoptions that I have witnessed through friends...it is amazing how you can see the Lord making it possible. You will be led to the right children for your family. They are meant to be a part of it!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Erica said...

WAHOO! How exciting!!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Kudos on your hubby taking the kids on to church so you could have a few hours BY YOURSELF!! Hope is was productive, and definitely keep us up-to-date on the adoption :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: