Sunday, June 17, 2007
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
I woke up this morning to an empty bed. Hubby had gotten up early to have Zach at his baseball game by 8:00am. You might ask "Who would schedule a baseball tournament for Father's Day weekend"? My guess would be, a father who loves baseball.

He had two games yesterday which neither of us could go to because we had the big blow out pool party for our youngest son in the afternoon. More on than later.

I can't think of anything my hubby would rather do on Father's Day than watch one of his boys play ball. Since they had another double header he was probably in Daddy heaven.

The other kid's and I stayed home (to let Daddy eat his peanuts in peace for a change) and cleaned up the house a little from yesterday's fun in the sun.

We also stayed in our pj's until 3:00pm, watched a Bonanza marathon and generally just laid around doing nothing.

We also watched the College world series. Louisville vs Mississippi. The kids asked who we should root for. I said Mississippi because I had a friend named BooMama who was a fan. The kids asked "Boo Who"? I told them it was a lady who had a blog I like to read and she talks about her Bulldogs all the time so we should root for them. "Do you mean this is one of your fake friends"? they asked. Well, not really fake, but I don't know her in real life. Disgusted looks came my way, though they did agree to support the Bulldogs. Which wasn't easy. They lost by a lot. I'm sorry BooMama.

Our Titans play tomorrow. Hopefully they will do better than the Bulldogs.

I have to go now. Hubby got home around 3:00pm and he wants steak for dinner. Which means I actually have to stand up and leave my comfortable couch.

Only for him would I actually do that. Dang I was comfy.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 3:22 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 5:34 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Well, I'm happy to have you as a "fake" friend. Very funny that kids would use that term. In retrospect that is how I would describe several of my aquaintances from junior high and high school--the ones I knew face to face.

Sounds like a lovely Father's Day to me!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

What a fun day for Daddy! I bet he loved it.

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day to your husband and all the daddy readers of your blog. And I hope he enjoyed his steak.

teeth bleaching

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: