Wednesday, June 06, 2007
and what a morning it was....
Paige had an appointment with the orthopedic doctor this morning to check on her broken leg and get a new x-ray.

Oscar, the sweet young guy who put her cast on, came into our exam room to take it off. He remembered Paige and she was actually excited to see him. All was good until he brought out the little saw...and then all heck broke lose. Paige started screaming and kicking at the tech and no one could believe this was the sweet compliant child that they had treated just a few weeks ago.

I had to hold her against me tightly while another nurse held her free leg so she didn't kick poor Oscar right in the face. Such blood curdling screams were coming out of this child I thought for sure they were hurting her. They assured me they were not. An elderly woman in the room next door came over and asked "What in the world are you doing to that child"?

After the cast was removed, and I held Paige close for a few minutes, we had to go over to x-ray. Well, after the cast she did NOT want anyone to touch her. To say the x-ray session did not go well would be an understatement. Three of us had to hold her down to get her to sit still for them to take the pictures.

By the time they were done Paige and I both were dripping in sweat. The nurse told me I was doing much better than most Mom's do when there kids just freak out. She had no idea that on the outside I may have looked calm but on the inside I was a mess. I realized if I got upset it was not going to help my child, so I tried very hard not to cry myself and throw a little tantrum of my own.

When we got back to the exam room Paige promptly climbed into her stroller and announced she was ready to go home. She even buckled herself in all by herself. I felt so bad when I had to tell her we had to wait a few more minutes while the doctor read her x-rays. To which she replied "No, I ready to go home now!"

Thankfully the doctor came in quickly, I think they were all really ready for us to go home, and let us know her leg was completely healed. Thank You Jesus!!!

When we got home I asked her why she had gotten so upset. "It scary, mama" was all she said. She said it so sweetly it broke my heart.

We are now home, eating Popsicle's, and enjoying the sunshine. I can't wait for her to finish so I can go put her in the bathtub and give her a real bath for the first time in 3 weeks. Oh, the joys of motherhood!

Labels:


  posted at 12:28 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 4:34 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

OH my goodness! That sounds so terrible. When my husband was in the ER for his leg a couple years ago there was a child screaming like that, and I, like the woman in your story, really wanted to go see what they were doing to her!

I'm glad she's all healed.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

2 of my kids are prone to some degree of hysteria over doctor visits, too. My oldest was so upset about getting a tooth pulled with local anesthesia, that they had to put him under! I'm glad your girl is all better now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: