Tuesday, June 05, 2007
The Great Weight Loss Journey and This and That
I was shocked this morning to get on the scales and find that I had actually lost a pound this week. YIPPEE!!!! That means I have lost a total of 6 pounds. I had hoped to have lost at least 10 by now but with our crazy schedule I am very happy with the loss.

We ate a lot of fast food this week and I wasn't able to get to the store to buy my favorite low calorie snacks. So, life was a little harder. However, I tended to order what I normally would and then for the most part I only ate half (except for Saturday when we bought a dozen cookies at the drive thru at McDonald's, I ate 5, ouch!). Maybe I would have lost another pound without the cookie's. Oh well, as we like to say in diet land, tomorrow is the start of a new week. Let's keep rooting for each other.

The start of my diet down fall this weekend began when I hurt my back on Friday. I am not sure how I did it but by Saturday I was in a lot of pain. I thought for sure I must be in labor because the pain was in my lower back and went all the way down the back of my leg's. I usually only get this at the end of pregnancy and as I had not heard I was pregnant I was a little confused as to what I must of done to make my body hate me so much. However, if I had actually delivered a baby without knowing I was pregnant (I actually know someone this happened to) it would have made for a great Monday morning blog post.

The point of me telling you this was in the height of my pain I wanted relief. Since none was available, a cookie did the trick quite nicely. I snacked all day on Saturday and Sunday pretty much sabotaging a pretty good week.

My sweet oldest daughter did some extra chores for me to help out while I was trying to ignore my pain and also did a great job entertaining her sister. Samantha planted some tomato plants that had been sitting on my kitchen window sill for a few weeks and were threatening to start growing up the cabinets if I didn't get them planted soon.


She then had a lunch date with her little sister in the playhouse. Don't you love lil sister's hair? She refused to let me brush it and I wasn't in the mood to argue with her.


When it got a little to hot outside they moved inside where Samantha very sweetly taught her little sister how to make chocolate chip cookies.

First, let's add the butter.



Yeah! That was so much fun I can't wait to do it again.

Learning to crack an egg!

That was the best! Big brother had to come over and see what I was so excited about!


Unfortunately, we only got one good batch of cookies out of all her effort. We kept forgetting to check the timer, and the cookies burned. I was then forced to eat the dough. What? You have never heard of the medicinal value of chocolate chip cookie dough? Hmm, you really don't know what you are missing.

Note: My back feels much better today and I am hoping by tomorrow to be 100% again.

Labels: ,


  posted at 2:09 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Denise said...

bye pound bye!! I am so happy for you.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Glad your back is getting better and hopefully will continue to do so.

Love all the pics of the kids making cookies. We've burnt quite a few cookies in our days also. Usually 'cause were trying to do a dozen other things at the same time, LOL! Have a great day Julie.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Judy said...

congratulations on the weight loss (even with the cookies)!

The kids were precious... what a sweetie of big sis to teach her little sister. She's going to be a great mom.

RE: medicinal quality of cookie dough.... what's even better is cake batter! I've been known to make a one layer cake for the kids cause I was craving cake batter. (yes, yes, I know... raw eggs... sigh)

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

one pound gone
way to go
even in the presence of
cookie dough!

Keep up the good work!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Sharon Brumfield said...

Yes, I gave in to food this week to. Maybe next week will be a little better.
But one pound is one pound.
Way to go!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Monkey Kisses said...

wow.. that is awesome.. way to go!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Pattie said...

Love your post today. Just shows how human we moms are. Everyone deserves to eat 5 cookies and cookie dough if they want!!! And, you still lost a pound!! Go you!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you have another great week... now I think I am going to go and make cookies!!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

Love the hair-do! I choose not to have that argument sometimes too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: