Sunday, June 10, 2007
All Good Things Must Come To An End
Yesterday was the last day of our little league's regular season. I would like to say I am sad but I am to exhausted to form any kind of coherent thought.

Here is a recap of the last 36 hours:

Saturday, 6:30am: Rise and shine early because we have a friend coming over to lay new tile in our master bathroom and the kids bathroom upstairs. I must make the house look perfect before they show up at 8:00 because, you know, I wouldn't want him to think we are slobs or anything. Even though we are!

8:10am: Realize that I was told the wrong measurements for the second bathroom and am 52ft. short of tile. Smile sweetly and state that I will run across town, after I open the snack bar, and buy some more tile.

8:40: Run to the market to buy ice for the snack bar. Run into a baseball Dad who asks, not quite as nicely as I would have liked, "Aren't you already suppose to be at the snack bar and have coffee ready? Did you remember to pick up the donuts"?

Me, with shocked look on my face, sweetly remind this gentleman that this is a volunteer position and I am doing the best I can. To which he replies " OK, well, I will be waiting for that donut". Aren't you proud of me that I didn't hit him over the head with my very large purse????

9:00am: Arrive at the snack bar and start preparing the day's goodies.

9:10: The line is about 25 grumbling people long all wondering why the snack bar is not open yet. Now at this point I need to tell you this "OUR PARENTS AND PLAYER'S ARE SPOILED ROTTEN!!!" The snack bar is suppose to open at 9:00am but most mornings it has opened by 8:30 because I generally get there early. They were very pissy that they had to actually wait until the stated opening time for their seeds, coffee, donuts, and diet cokes. Are you feeling sorry for them yet? You better not be.

9:50 My hubby arrives at the field with Garrett to warm up for their 11:00am game. He tells me the older kids are at home watching Paige.

10:10: Some wonderful volunteers show up to relieve me and I rush home to pick up all the kids for Garrett's game. While in the driveway talking with some neighbors I can hear Paige yelling from an upstairs bedroom. I go into the house and ask all of the children, who are sprawled on the living room coaches, where she is? One response "I don't know, Dad has her", second response "She is in the family room watching TV" and lastly "Were we suppose to be watching her"?.

Now I have tried to explain to my sweet hubby that when he leaves the house and the children are watching TV he must turn the TV off, stare directly into their eyes, and then tell them he is leaving. All other forms of communication fail due to the zombie like state that takes over their entire bodies once the huge box is turned on.

After I explained the situation to these 3 now panicked children they all ran upstairs to find their sister happily tearing apart Samantha's room. A room she is generally not allowed to go in because of all the "special treasures" that could be broken by little hands. The only reason I heard her yelling was she wanted the easy bake oven down from the top shelf of the closet and could not seem to climb high enough to get it.

10:25: All children get into the car after being informed they are going with me to buy tile. There is no arguing due to their total relief they were not all dead after the before mentioned incident. We had 35 minutes to buy tile, deliver it back to the house, and get to the field for the start of Garrett's last game.

10:40 Arrive at Tile Club, march to the counter, tell the very helpful gentleman what I need, pay and load the car.

10:55: Unload tile at house and race to the game.

11:10: Arrive at game, set up chair, and sit down to relax while drinking the most wonderful diet coke on ice I had ever had.

1:30: The game was great. The boy's played one of their best games of the season, it was a defensive and offensive masterpiece. Hubby was thrilled and hasn't stopped smiling yet.

We had the best players, parents and coaches on our team. The parents told hubby some very touching things after the game. We are all a little sad the season is over.

2:00: I quickly realize this is going to be a very long day. The older player's have tournament games for the rest of the day and of course my family wants to stay and watch. We have limited coverage in the snack bar so I need to stay and monitor the teens I have hired to run it for the afternoon.

When not monitoring the teens, BBQ'ing hot dogs (don't people ever eat at home anymore?), changing cheese and chili in the nacho machine and trying to not let my head spin off, I helped take winter ball registration. Because, you know, in California once one season ends it is time to start the next. We play ball year round here. Sometimes I really wish we lived in Wisconsin.

4:00: I take Paige home and hire a teenager to watch her the rest of the day. She is tired and ready to relax a little.

While home I look at my tile which is layed out beautifully. I picked a basic neutral tile but then our friend said he wanted it a little fancier for the master bedroom. I am not really a fancy person but I trust him and let him do what ever he wanted. I must say it is gorgeous. He put some inlayed marble pieced in a pattern in the middle of the floor. I will post pics tomorrow when it is finished.

4:30: Get ice on my way back to the park and continue grilling, answering questions, and doing more things than I even have energy to tell you at this time.

9:30pm: Return home from a very long day and stay up way to late watching movies with hubby.

Sunday,7:00am: Alarm goes off. Time to get up. I am scheduled to work the early shift in the church nursery. Not enough workers show up for second shift so Samantha, Tyler and I stay for that service also. The pager system seemed to be malfunctioning so we couldn't reach the parents of two kids who cried the entire time. I held one for 2 hours. My arm is still numb.

12:30: Go to subway and pick up lunch.

1:30: Arrive home and promptly pass out on the coach.

4:00: Wake up when I hear the phone repeatedly ringing once and then nothing for a while and then it will ring once again. I pick it up when I hear it ring again. It is my friend Lori. Her hubby has been trying to call my hubby for half an hour. Paige keeps picking up the phone saying "Hi, Mommy" and then hanging up. He was a little annoyed. Again, where were the other children???? Their Dad was outside cleaning the pool.

5:00pm: We are suppose to go to the Cal State Fullerton Super Regional game tonight. I just told hubby I think I may have reached my limit. I really like college baseball but I am still tuckered and need some down time. He will take the boys and some of their friends.

6:30pm: Dreaming of bed time for my little girls. The sound of quite is calling to me.

Labels: ,


  posted at 6:30 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 6:41 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Wow! I guess the guy at the store thought he was being funny. You are very gracious! I like how you injected humor into this day even though it was clearly draining!

Hope you recover soon!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I hope you are relaxing right about now. My husband would love to live where you guys live and be able to have baseball all year round!! He's hooked on the game. You are right about Wisconsin, can't play all year round unless you wanna play in the snow!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Julie said...

This calls for a long soak in a luxurious bubble-filled tub.

Immediately.

Blessings!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Julie, thanks for stopping by my blog! Your day sounded nuts! I can't imagine being that busy! I try to avoid that at all costs. We are not that big into sports, so it isn't too hard. So far we only have one really athletic child, and he can't keep his work up to stay in all the sports. (he has a minor brain injury that affects his school work) His swim coach is so excited that he is coming into high school next year, though! He lettered in Varsity in 8th grade swimming, so they are counting on him to replace the swimmers who are soon graduating.
We read several of the same blogs, I wonder why we haven't come across each other before?

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Wow! I am exhausted just reading this!

I have been trying to email you about the comment you left at my blog, but the email keeps getting returned to me. :( Anyway, here is what I wanted to say:
Hi Julie! Thanks for popping by! I have had several people share that they hold a lot of the same views I expressed - which leads me to believe a lot more people are "sorta crunchy" than I ever imagined! :)
I got a chance to stroll through your blog this morning - LOVE your layout and design! I saw you had it done by Bluebird Blogs. I am seriously considering giving myself the gift of a blog re-design for my birthday. Anyway, I added you to my Google Reader so I can keep up with your adventures this summer!
Thanks again for stopping by,
Megan

Hope your day is peaceful and restful!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger voni said...

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

My goodness, your days are full! I'll think twice before I complain about mine next time.

Thanks for stopping by my blog; I'm bookmarking yours today. Love the design!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: