Friday, June 01, 2007
going on strike
Our family has had one of those months where it seems like their is so much going on you don't have time to stop and smell the roses. So, yesterday I went on strike during the day and laid on the couch and read a book. People called all day and asked "What are you doing?" to which I would reply "Reading a book while lying on the couch." Most people were a little shocked by my response. I thought it was glorious.

However, today I am paying the price. Laundry is everywhere, toys are strewn about, and it took me an hour to clean up the kitchen. I still think it was worth it but perhaps next time (in a year or two) I should only take half a day off to make things easier on myself.

One of the fun things we did this week was go to our oldest son's end of year High School Baseball banquet. Awards were given out and the seniors made very heartfelt speeches. It was very touching.

One of the things I noticed was how the seniors had turned into men almost overnight. The freshmen looked like young men, but the seniors were really men now. We had known a few of the players for many years and remembered them as young boys. I felt great sorrow that my first born would soon join them in complete manhood and yet a little excitement at the same time to see what the future will bring for him. I am very thankful he will not be a senior for a few years yet. I am definitely not ready to let go.

Here is a picture of him all dressed up on his way to the banquet.



Zachary received a Scholar Athlete Award which is given to players with high GPA's as well as dedication to their sport. We are so proud of you Zach! Keep up the great work.

Here's hoping all of you can steal a little time this weekend to lay in the sun, relax, and read a book or magazine. Come on now, we all deserve a little pampering!

Labels: ,


  posted at 2:19 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

Good for you for taking a timeout! You deserve it. :) It reminds me of that movie on cable "mom on strike" did you ever see it? I think it had faith ford in it. really cute. :) Your son does look very handsome and grown up in that pic. Your doing a great job and don't be afraid to take a break more.

blessings,
Jenna

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I think that's nice that they still have the students dress up and go to banquets and stuff.

I know how you feel about taking a day off and then having the laundry pile up. Even with a small family, I just don't know where that laundry comes from!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Great work Zach! They do grow up way too fast.

I know what you mean when trying to have some down time...you pay for it later. Such is the life of a mother!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

You've got a handsome young man there, Julie. Congrats to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: