Monday, May 21, 2007
The Big D - Week 2
This past week was a little bit more of a challenge than last. Their were cupcakes, brownies, pizza parties, and a host of other activities that included lots of yummy food. I had a few nibbles but for the most part held strong and didn't cheat to badly.

So, you say, did you lose any weight? Well, yes I did. Drum roll please........weight lost this week.....3 POUNDS!!!! Total for 2 weeks = 5 pounds.

I am very happy.

1 Thessalonians 4:4-5 says "Learn to appreciate and give dignity to your body, not abusing it, as is so common among those who know nothing of God". (The Message)

My middle son and I were discussing this verse because they had been talking in school about intimacy and the boundaries God sets up for us to protect us from many of life's pitfalls. To live within these boundaries will require some adjustments in our mental attitudes. We talked about how teenagers need to understand that a Godly mind-set is important in how they think and act concerning intimacy with their boyfriend of girlfriend.

This got me thinking about how I had been abusing my body by not eating properly and exercising. I was not giving dignity to my body. I was definitely abusing my body by the food I was choosing to put into it most days. I need to change my mental attitudes about food. With God's help I think I have made a good start.

I am praying for all of you in your weight loss journeys also.

Labels:


  posted at 9:57 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Woo Hoo, three pounds gone bye bye!!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger A Juggling Mum said...

Congratulations :)

Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job!

Rachel xxx
http://jugglingmum.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Julie, great job on loosing 3 lbs. It's so easy to be tempted to eat unhealthy foods, isn't it? I'm glad you're making progress!

Keep up the good work.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

OK, you are the person I mentioned in today's blog that probably faced temptation and lost anyway (not the case for me) Way to go!!! :-)

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Terrillyn said...

Three lbs and a total of 5! That's great! Don't you get a button to put on your blog when you lose 5?

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Way to go!!! Thanks for the truly insightful post!! I am going to copy that verse on a card for memory! Have a great week!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

WooHoo girlfriend! Way*To*Go. Sis boom bah! :)

We are on the same weight loss track except the numbers are flip flopped. That cracked me up. And don't forget to write and ask for your 5 pound button. :)

I loved the verse and your application. I jotted it down to meditate on it. I so agree. I can see how I have been doing that myself. Thanks for your inspiration.

Hugs.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Monkey Kisses said...

wow.. congratulations that is awesome!!!!!!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

AWESOME job! Wow - you still lost with all the tempting foods around? That's fantastic! Keep up the good work! If only I were doing that well!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Good job! And you are so right on!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job and I really appreciate your tie in with Scripture!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

WTG! You're doing great, Julie! Keep it up!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Great work! You reached your first 5 pound mark! Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: