Friday, September 04, 2009
Tonight As I Was Watching The News I Found That I Was Missing This Man...
'Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'-Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S.. was too strong.'- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government' s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under.'- Ronald Reagan

*******************************************************************************
Grocery Challenge Day 4: I spent no money. We had pancakes and fruit for breakfast, Turkey sandwiches, pasta salad and watermelon for lunch and a free for all for dinner. Some of the kids went to the high school football game so they ate there (using their own money), Samantha had youth group so she grabbed a yogurt and banana, Paige had a frozen pizza I found in the freezer, Garrett ate at a friends, hubby had some leftovers, and I am eating a large bowl of oatmeal as I type this at 11:00 p.m.. Not pretty, but it worked.

Tomorrow is Garrett's birthday and we usually take the kids out on their birthday. I am going to try and convince him it would be much more fun to stay home and let mom make him the dinner of his choice. Wish me luck.

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:59 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 9:30 AM, Blogger holly said...

I love the quotes. I might have to steal them from you and repost!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Feel free to steal them. I think they are important to remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: