Thursday, September 03, 2009
I Don't Remember How I Used To Do It.....
Before we started home schooling last year I had 5 children at four different schools and used to spend two hours a day just dropping off and picking up kids.

One of the things I Love Love Love about home schooling is that I no longer have to do this. As a result I find that I have so much more energy in the early evening. I used to be exhausted by 4:00 every day from all the running around and trying to keep every one's schedules straight. We would rush home get homework done, or nearly done, run to a sports practice, maybe get dinner in as a family, and then spend the rest of the evening with at least one child in tears because they were exhausted and still had some homework to finish.

My whole life has changed. I love the slow mornings and the easy pace. It is bliss.

Then, I had the great idea of signing the older kids up for a home school Christian Academy that meets on Thursdays. It sounded fun and I thought we would give it a try. Tyler is taking Spanish 2, English Comp., and guitar. Samantha is taking English Comp., Creative Cooking, and a teen Bible Study.

I then thought, well, why not sign the younger kids up to? This was my big mistake. You see, you can just drop the Jr. high and high school kids off for the day. The younger ones have to have a parent present at all times.

So, for the past 2 Thursdays I have been at "school" from 8:30-3:00. I am exhausted. I have no idea how I did this before. I used to be at the kids schools all the time. It really isn't any different. Maybe I am just getting old.

The parents have to sign up to help in the elementary age classes. Paige is taking Physical education ( I am the teacher helper, today we played soccer in the 100 degree weather), Backyard science (totally fun!), and We Sing states and Capitols (she loves this and they are going to perform for the parents at back to school night). Garrett is taking a writing class, guitar, kids bible study, and a simple machines class that is totally cool. They are building robots with Lego's. Very fun.

Everyone loves it. I really think it is fun to. Just exhausting.

Zachary is totally confused. He keeps asking me questions like "If they are homeschooled how come they have classes not at home". He doesn't quite seem to get the fact that just because you are homeschooled you don't have to be locked in the house all the time.

The teenagers seem to like the fact they get to hang out with other teens one day a week. They are making new friends and it is fun to watch. This is kind of a nice transition for them into homeschooling. There lives have changed so much and I am thankful they are having a positive experience.

Once again God has faithfully answered my prayers in this area. He is so AWESOME!
*********************************************************************************
Grocery Challenge Update: Last night I made burgers and hot dogs on the BBQ, pasta salad (with lots of fresh veggies in it from the farmers market), and cut up watermelon.

We had cereal for breakfast and french dip with fruit for lunch.

Today I feel like I blew it a little because I didn't make lunches for our Academy day and I took the kids out to eat. I spent $21.89 at In N Out. I am going to take that out of my $400.00 I have allotted for this month so I am down to 378.11.

For dinner I am grilling chicken and having the left over pasta salad and watermelon from last night. That's the best I can do. The game of soccer today really wore me out!

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:48 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

School sounds fun...in all of our 14 years of hsing, we've never done anything like this! How many kids are involved?

Perhaps throwing in rice and beans for a few meals will get you back on track?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: