Sunday, September 06, 2009
The Birthday Edition.........
Yesterday was Garrett's 11th birthday. He requested that he be allowed to hang out with his best friend all weekend. Sure. How easy is that for mom?

His best friend, Zach, is moving to Wisconsin in a few weeks. Many tears have been shed over this fact. I bought them both X-box Live so they could still play video games together and talk on their head phones while they play.

These boys do everything together. Most importantly, they play baseball together. He is on Dave's little league team. I think my husband is almost as upset about losing his awesome shortstop as Garrett is about losing his best friend.

Zach spent the night Friday night and then they left to go and hang out at his house yesterday. "Don't you want to spend your birthday here at home"? I asked him. No, I want to be with Zach.
So, I made him pose in front of his birthday cake and then sent half of it over to Zach's for them to sing happy birthday to him. Zach's dad took them and his three brothers to a football game last night, I am sure he had a great time.

Here they are eating their lunch before I released them. My kid's the one throwing the gang signs around. I'm so proud.

Here he is looking all annoyed as his brother lit his candles on his cake. He did not want us to sing to him. He also really didn't care that mom needed a picture to mark his 11th year.

Here he is after I told him he either smiles or HE. WONT. BE GOING. ANY.WHERE. BUDDY.

There. That's better.

I made him this cake which was totally yummy. I hadn't had a heath bar cake since I was a kid.

We also had two other birthdays recently.

Tyler turned 16.
and Paige turned 6.

I'm not "allowed" to post pictures of my teenagers but you can sneak a peek of him here in the background of this picture. Paige was really excited to get a new Kai Lan doll for her birthday. We spent her birthday up in the mountains playing horseshoes at my sisters house. She loved it.

************************************************************************************

As I was typing this Paige was playing beauty shop with my hair. I vaguely here her say something about getting a pair of scissors. She was not happy when I grabbed the scissors from her not a moment to soon. She apparently feels that I am desperately in need of a trim.

************************************************************************************

Grocery Challenge Day 6: I made it a whole week without going into the market. I am amazed. Tomorrow I will shop for the week. I am really excited to try and not spend more than $100.00 (that is less than half of what I usually spend). Wish me luck!


  posted at 10:56 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

great job on the grocery challenge! i need to do this.... after i have my baby lol

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Lots of Birthdays! Good wishes to all of them.

A Heath cake? Wow, I'm trying that...sounds delicious!

Good luck at the store, I need to take that challenge!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Happy birthdays everyone!

Sorry to hear about the best friend moving...that is hard. How far is he moving?

How are you doing Julie?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Happy birthday to them all! We have 3 in a row, too. I guess I better post pics soon!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I am impressed with your grocery challenge. Looks like I've missed out on a lot during my blogging break. It's good to be back!

I am on a new diet...that cake is making my stomach growl! I think I'll go eat a peach :-(

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Catching up here after being consumed with adapting to our new cyber school lifestyle. . . .

Happy B'day to the gang. That heath cake sounds yummo!

We did a co-op years ago and I just gave everyone the whole day off. Met from 8:30 - 12:30 every other Monday, we ate lunch and all fell into bed for naps totally exhausted. Now, I've got three home and I'm DONE by 9 p.m. every night. Poor hubby, he's used to me being ALIVE at night. :)

Oh yeah, and what's the newest on the adoption front?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: