Tuesday, June 30, 2009
We Won!
My two guys preparing to leave for the big game. Poor Garrett, he doesn't look excited at all.

Singing the National Anthem. Made me cry a little.

Getting final instructions from the umpires.




And look who was on the mound even though his mother (me) asked the coach (hubby) that he not pitch the first game. I wasn't sure I could handle the stress with everything else that has been going on.

You know, he never listens to me.

It all turned out fine. He pitched great and only gave up 3 runs in 4 innings of pitching.

We ended up winning 12-6.

We all had a good time and everyone behaved themselves beautifully. Even Pete and Rose.

Hubby met with the parents and told them he would talk with them about anything except playing time. Don't ask about your kids playing time. It is not negotiable.

That may seem a little harsh, however, every parent thinks their kid is the best. Six different people would have six different idea's of who would start the game and who the best players on the team were.

I guess since they knew Dave wouldn't talk with them about playing time they felt I was the next best candidate. Really people, get over yourselves. When you are on an All Star team it is just that. A team filled with All Stars. Everyone can play well. When you have 13 kids on a team and 9 positions in the batting order and on the field some kids are going to have to sit a few innings. It's not rocket science people.

Lastly, and most importantly, the boys had a blast. They were dancing to the music being played between innings and having a fabulous time. They kept playing the chicken dance song and Garrett would do the arm movements in between pitches when he was warming up. I think the kids on the other team thought our boys had lost their minds.

Here is a sample of some of their moves. Turn down your volume because there is this obnoxious lady (me) cheering them on that is really LOUD.



To close, my husband wanted me to let you know that he is not a saint. He thought I portrayed him a little to kindly in the Rose and Pete saga. So, just to make him happy I am going to share a secret with you.

Ready?

He forgot our 24th wedding anniversary yesterday. I guess with all the drama going on lately it slipped his mind. Don't think to harshly of him. I forgive him. He has never forgotten before. So once in 24 years isn't to bad. We are going to celebrate next month when all this baseball craziness is behind us.

I bet I will get a better present now anyway. What do you think?

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:28 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Congratulations to your boy and Happy Anniversary! (Great pictures, BTW.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: