Thursday, June 18, 2009
You Are All The Best!!!
Thanks so much for all the kind words and phone calls yesterday. We have the best support group ever!

Thanks also to Angie and Dee for their wonderful information about our children. They met them last month when they went to the House of Hope to pick up their daughter and son. It is so wonderful to have so many people who care about our kids. They told us all about how wonderful they are and every bit of information was like gold for our family. I will forever be thankful to both of you for your kindness.

I also had the pleasure of speaking with Roxanne over the phone. Her little guy, who is five, is also at the House of Hope and they are waiting for a court date to pick him up. I had been praying that some of our children's friends would be adopted by families that live in California or in a state nearby so they could keep in contact. Roxanne and I were so excited to find out that we only live about 90 miles from each other. Yippee!! Not only that, we have so much in common it was amazing. Can any one else see God's hand in all of this??? Isn't He awesome!

I am going to Las Vegas this weekend with Zach and the girls for a baseball tournament. With all the excitement going on the last few days I have done nothing to prepare. I was at the store last night at 10:00 p.m.. buying Dave and the boys who are staying behind some food to eat while we are gone. Garrett has all-star practice this weekend so Dave is staying home with him and Tyler.

We are leaving in 2 hours and I need to go and get an oil change, buy some toothpaste, pack mine and Paige's bag and make a reservation at a hotel. It would be nice to have somewhere to sleep tonight. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Oh well, Zach's game isn't until 9 tomorrow morning. It's a 4 hour drive. I figure I have plenty of time.

And she's off...........................................

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:42 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

Wow, what a dream. Thank you for sharing. :D

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Roxanne Sonnenschein said...

Yeah! I found your blog!!!!

Hoping you are having a great time in Vegas and that you found a place to see! :)

Chat soon!
-Roxanne

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hugs. Reading your post makes me relive the high of my "catching" my niece. Excited for you.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

Congratulations on the adoption! I haven't checked blogs in a while so I was so glad to see all that has happened for you since I last read! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: