- You may come home with a large garden sized trash bag of stuffed animals from your kids playing all the carnival games. However, it would have been much cheaper (and I mean much in the literal way) to just go to walmart and fill up you cart with whatever toy you happened to want. My kids inform me the Walmart scenario would not be nearly as much fun.
- When you lose at said carnival games and are only 5 years old it can be effective to cry (hysterically is really effective) and not leave the game area as you continue to go on and on about how unfair it is you did not win. The people working the booths will be so motivated to just get rid of you they will start throwing stuffed animals in your general direction.
- When going to the Circus it is best not to sit in the front row. The trapeze artists have very skimpy outfits on and your 17 year old son will have a very interesting view of their anatomy as you are both peering up at them from your vantage point of being under the net that can save their lives if they fall. Those girls really really need to put some more clothes on.
- My body does not like the 106 degree heat. My feet have swollen up like giant tomato's and I can barely squeeze them into my flip flops.
- I rooted against my sons team so we could go home tomorrow. They won and now we have to play a game at 11:00. If they win that game they play for the championship at 3:00, meaning we won't get on the road for our 4 hour drive home until late. Not sure how hard I will be cheering at 11 tomorrow. Maybe I could slip a couple of the kids some cash to strike out a few times....
- I am a very bad mother. See above bullet point.
- I have eaten enough in the last 3 days to feed a small country for a week.
- I have dreamt of our Ethiopian children every single night. I wonder if they will like the circus also?
- I am very very thankful to the person who invented air conditioning.
Good bye for now. I'm off to elevate my feet so I don't have to walk around barefoot tomorrow all day. My feet seriously look like I am 9 months pregnant.