Monday, April 13, 2009
6 Months Of Waiting
I am tired of waiting. Today marks six months of waiting for a referral. Me and the kids are really tired of waiting.

We have been waiting for our updated I-171H for about a month now. This is the paper that says we are now approved to adopt a child up to the age of 5. I am a little frustrated that it has not come yet, though our adoption consultant did update our file saying we were approved for up to that age child. I guess that is something.

So, I guess we just continue to wait and hope the phone rings soon.

In the meantime we have lots of baseball going on around here to keep us busy.

Paige is still enjoying t-ball.

Garrett is enjoying playing on his team, however, they have only won one game. His Dad (the manager) has never had a losing team. They are a young team and they are learning. A parent on one of the other teams gave my hubby a great compliment the other day. She said "You know, I am never sure if you guys have won or lost. The kids on your team always look happy and like they are having fun".

The kids may be having fun but the manager is beating himself up. It's hard to lose, especially when you put so much of yourself into the team. Fortunately, the players seem to be oblivious to this fact.

After his last hard loss (they have lost a couple by only one run) I sent him this verse I had read that morning.

"We rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character hope.

I told him that God was trying to produce great hope in him through this trial. He laughed and said maybe he was. Poor guy. They play Thursday night and I am hoping for his second win. We really do have a great group of kids on the team.

And then their is our oldest son. The one I am not allowed to talk about. There are some really exciting things happening in his baseball career right now, unfortunately, I am not allowed to speak about them.

I will tell you this and just hope he doesn't read the blog and then I won't get into trouble.

He played in a game tonight in a "big stadium" with lots of scouts around checking out the talent. Hearing your sons name being announced over the loud speaker like he is a major leaguer and then having scouts turn their clipboards over to read their notes about your kid is kind of a surreal experience. I really wanted to peek over one of their shoulders and see what was written down but I was trying to act cool and blend in.

Like I could ever be cool. So. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:48 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Tegan, Gregory and Maiya said...

Happy six months of waiting to you and your family as well! ;) We are right there with you....tired of waiting. I sure hope you receive your updated I-171H soon and that your phone rings!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger junglemama said...

Waiting is so hard. Be patient. It is worth it!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Raquel said...

waiting is the hardest thing! praying that referral comes quickly!

how exciting about your son!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I hope that you don't have to wait too much longer.

I haven't started my son in any sports yet, but I hope when I do that he has a coach and team that is happy whether they win or lose. :)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Luanne said...

Is there any parent that can be cool...if yes...let me know so I can ask them how :) Keep your failth up...God will reveal your new child to you in His time. He's waiting for the perfect one :)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks so much ladies for your encouragement. I know God has a plan and I just need to wait.

In the mean time at least I have lots of baseball games to keep me busy.

Thanks again,
Julie

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Hang in there, friend! The wait will be worth it. I promise!

And in the meantime, keep having fun with b-ball, and NOT telling us about your boy ;) I can't imagine how you keep your composure, sitting so close to all those big-whigs. I'd be freaking out. And acting decidedly UN cool. :)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Annie said...

hoping it's not much longer and you hear the good news soon :)

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Missy said...

You increased your age request to 5? And still have not gotten your call yet? I bet it will come very, very soon!!!! Can't wait to read all about it!!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Lovingmyamazinglife said...

We have been waiting 3 years!!!So I totally feel your pain. We are adopting through fostercare,I came across your blog through another adoption blog.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I don't blame you for being tired of waiting. Praying for you as you wait...and excited for the day I finally see the word "REFERRAL" on your blog!

Blessings,
Michelle

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

It does seem to be taking forever, lol. But it is worth the wait. God promised us a son and it took 7 years to get him. And it was perfect timing, even though I didn't understand it then.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Regina said...

I just found your blog. I am enjoying reading all about your wonderful family.
Waiting is so hard!! Just think ahead to the days when you will hold your child(ren) in your arms. Blessings to you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: