Friday, April 24, 2009
Disciplined
This morning I was whining to God about the long wait for our referral and asking him again if we were suppose to adopt a child off of a waiting child's list. The wait just seems so long and I am routinely sent photo's of children waiting for a family. Unfortunately, they have not been from our agency.

Back in December I was having these same feelings and we actually requested information on one of the waiting children that was listed. She was a darling little girl, around 5 years old, who was wearing a baseball jersey. How fitting is that?

I prayed for direction and was really excited about, perhaps, switching agencies mid stream and adopting this little girl. However, I wanted to make sure we were doing the Lord's will and not our own.

We waited.

He answered.

This was not our child.

I settled in to wait it out with our current agency. We have a very good agency but they do not have an orphanage. They have a transition home where the children are taken when they are matched with a prospective family. Our agency works with several orphanages and we have great faith in them both ethically and morally. Some of the other agencies I have spoken with did not give me this same sense of assurance.

Well, over the last few days I have had that unsettled feeling again. Wanting to go on the waiting children's list and take a peek. I was asking God this morning during my prayer time if I should do this. I was whining and crying to him that I was so frustrated and just didn't understand what was taking so long.

In the side note of my Bible their was a small article about having a contented and patient heart. This is what it said;

It is common to hear women bemoaning their lack of patience as if it were the most difficult gift to pry from God's hands. In fact impatience stems almost solely from our exaggerated notions of what is due us. If we could but lower our estimation of the importance of our time, our plans and our feelings, we would find ourselves almost automatically more patient.

Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that
you might have great endurance and patience. Colossi ans 1:11

Patience is a more positive trait. It is the ability to bear affliction, delay, and interruption with calmness, perseverance and confidence in the goodness of God. It is inward peace as well as outward control. It is the submission of our schedules our viewpoints, our dreams to the greater plan of God, with the conviction that he has a good reason for every delay he allows to come our way.

SMACK! I felt like God had just given me a good spanking.

Am I finally going to give all control to him? I sure am going to give it another try.

I do have peace knowing that God did lead us to this agency, and I truly believe (finally) that they will find us the child that God has specifically picked out for us.

Perhaps this will all make more sense when we find out who our child/children are? Maybe not. I will just have to wait and see.


Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

  posted at 7:50 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 8:39 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Smack. Me too. That line "what is due them" hit hard. In a couple areas of my life, that's how I act. Thanks for sharing that. And hang in there. When the referral(s) does come, you will stand in awe at how perfect your little one(s) is for your home. Really.

Hugs!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Luanne said...

Wow...this was a great post for me to read today. I have been very impatient in many areas lately and I need to step back and put God back up on the throne...and take myself off. I hope your child is revealed to you soon. I am sure God has the perfect one planned...and maybe this child has yet to arrive here on earth :) Hang in there! God will deliver in His time...

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Kay Bratt said...

One day you will feel such joy at the blessing of that child in your arms that these endless days of waiting will fade from your mind..

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

It WILL all make sense when you meet your child/children...because HE knows who they are...it just has to happen in his perfect timing. Hang in there. The end of this journey will come. I can't wait to see how it all plays out!

Blessings,
Michelle

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

What a tough process. I am sure you will be quite patient when it is all over.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Aw, I understand your impatience and also the need to wait upon the Lord. It's been a long road for you all, but I pray you are greatly rewarded in the end!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

OH, most assuredly you will love God's timing and be so greatful for the delay!
I agonized for 7 years after God told us He would give us a son, Samuel. And in that time we were blessed with a daughter, and that confused me, but the reason for the delay was brought to light, and the timing of our gift was most excellent!
I cried out to God in my impatience many times. He sent comfort and assurances that we would get our son, but it was hard.
I don't think it is sinful to greatly desire and agonize for a gift you know God is going to give you, it isn't all impatience, it is a momma's heart aching for a child that is already hers in love.
To think you are owed something God hasn't promised is a wrong attitude, and to be mad at God for not going along with YOUR timing is wrong attitude.

I needed this post today, though. Very glad I came by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: