This week we were suppose to set some goals for our weight lose journey.
I was tempted to write something like this.
Stop Eating. Lose Weight. The End.
That's probably not what Brenda had in mind though when she thought up this challenge.
1. Plan meals and have healthy snacks available at all times.
2. Put some healthy and low calorie snacks in the car. I need to put a big plastic tub in my trunk with all kinds of snacks. The busiest part of our year is upon me (baseball season) which means I will spend A LOT of time at the field with the snack bar and all those wonderful smells coming from it. I need to make sure I always have another option available to myself so I will be less likely to go order a big tray of nachos. Or Frito pies. Or a warm pretzel smothered in salt with a side of cheese for dipping. No, I need to stay away from that place.
3. Do some form of exercise at least three days a week. I really like the Wi Fit but I have not been getting on it enough. Samantha asked me to go on a walk with her yesterday. I didn't. I finished the dishes instead. Next time I'm going to leave the dishes and go with her. After all, I'm sure they will still be waiting for me when I get back. (Uggh)
4. Organize my life better. I need to get back to having the kids do specific chores on set days, enforce a strict bed time, get back to more structure. Since we started home schooling even the younger kids stay up later. It was fun at first but now I really need them to get back on a schedule. I need my time in the evening to be alone and think and plan. I notice that if one area of my life starts getting out of control, the other areas quickly follow. We definitely need to get back on a set schedule.
5. Pray everyday for God to give me the will power and strength to live a healthier life. I have actually been doing pretty good in this area, but I could still improve. One of the pluses of #4 above has been that my kids sleep in (due to their later bedtime) and that gives me time in the morning to spend with God before anyone wakes up. I have really enjoyed this. I can still do it if the kids are up earlier, I just need to make sure I set my alarm and get up before they do.
6. Have Fun. I know this is kind of a funny goal but I feel like I spend so much time worrying about my house and the laundry that I miss a lot of fun times with my family. I want to have set hours for house work each day and if everything doesn't get done to leave it for later. I want to play more games with my kids, run around outside with them (also good at helping with #3) and just BE WITH THEM. I used to be so good at this. As they have gotten older and life has gotten busier I have gotten worse and worse. I want to do better. I'm going to try.
There it is. My list.
This past week was kind of hard with lots of activities and eating out. I didn't gain back any weight but I didn't lose any either. I'm hoping to lose at least one pound this next week. I don't want to beat myself up. I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race. I tend to forget that a lot of times.
If you want to join in with the challenge visit Brenda and sign in on her Mr. Linky. Let me know if you do so I can come an visit you.