Friday, January 23, 2009


This week we were suppose to set some goals for our weight lose journey.

I was tempted to write something like this.

Stop Eating. Lose Weight. The End.

That's probably not what Brenda had in mind though when she thought up this challenge.

So....here goes.

1. Plan meals and have healthy snacks available at all times.

2. Put some healthy and low calorie snacks in the car. I need to put a big plastic tub in my trunk with all kinds of snacks. The busiest part of our year is upon me (baseball season) which means I will spend A LOT of time at the field with the snack bar and all those wonderful smells coming from it. I need to make sure I always have another option available to myself so I will be less likely to go order a big tray of nachos. Or Frito pies. Or a warm pretzel smothered in salt with a side of cheese for dipping. No, I need to stay away from that place.

3. Do some form of exercise at least three days a week. I really like the Wi Fit but I have not been getting on it enough. Samantha asked me to go on a walk with her yesterday. I didn't. I finished the dishes instead. Next time I'm going to leave the dishes and go with her. After all, I'm sure they will still be waiting for me when I get back. (Uggh)

4. Organize my life better. I need to get back to having the kids do specific chores on set days, enforce a strict bed time, get back to more structure. Since we started home schooling even the younger kids stay up later. It was fun at first but now I really need them to get back on a schedule. I need my time in the evening to be alone and think and plan. I notice that if one area of my life starts getting out of control, the other areas quickly follow. We definitely need to get back on a set schedule.

5. Pray everyday for God to give me the will power and strength to live a healthier life. I have actually been doing pretty good in this area, but I could still improve. One of the pluses of #4 above has been that my kids sleep in (due to their later bedtime) and that gives me time in the morning to spend with God before anyone wakes up. I have really enjoyed this. I can still do it if the kids are up earlier, I just need to make sure I set my alarm and get up before they do.

6. Have Fun. I know this is kind of a funny goal but I feel like I spend so much time worrying about my house and the laundry that I miss a lot of fun times with my family. I want to have set hours for house work each day and if everything doesn't get done to leave it for later. I want to play more games with my kids, run around outside with them (also good at helping with #3) and just BE WITH THEM. I used to be so good at this. As they have gotten older and life has gotten busier I have gotten worse and worse. I want to do better. I'm going to try.

There it is. My list.

This past week was kind of hard with lots of activities and eating out. I didn't gain back any weight but I didn't lose any either. I'm hoping to lose at least one pound this next week. I don't want to beat myself up. I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race. I tend to forget that a lot of times.

If you want to join in with the challenge visit Brenda and sign in on her Mr. Linky. Let me know if you do so I can come an visit you.


  posted at 8:09 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 9:09 AM, Blogger karly said...

Great list, Julie!

Yes, isn't it amazing how the lack of structure and routine can really put a wrinkle in everything else, especially eating and exercising? Thank you for reminding me of this... we are a bit out of routine around here.

Looking forward to seeing your progress next week!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger missy said...

I liked your list, it sounds like something I could've written word for word!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

Fantastic, Julie!!

We too are trying to regain our routine-footing around here, after a major change. It WAS fun to have the kids staying up with us, but not so much anymore. I am a huge fan of schedules, knowing that I'm redeeming the time as best I can. Plus, our home school can get quickly derailed when Mom's not organized. ;-)

Great job~see you next week!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Wow Julie-those are some MAJOR goals. I really like what you said about keeping snacks in the car. My oldest gets migraines if she doesn't stay on a strict eating schedule and let me tell you---the drive through happens too much! And that means, of course, that we ALL get something. And fried cheese is not my friend.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

I think having fun is a perfectly credible goal. You're right. It is easy to miss the lighter moments if we're not careful.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Johanna said...

I like your goal of having fun with your family. I could stand to do a bit more of that, too. The days when I do are so nice!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Great-Granny Grandma said...

Good post. I really like your list.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Great list! I really need to get my kids on an earlier schedule, too.
I will look into joining the weight loss thing. I am reviewing a weight loss aid and I have lost 13bls through eating less and I no longer am drawn to foods, especially sweets!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Raquel said...

great post! i need to stop and go for a walk instead of doing the dishes more often too, your right they will be there when i get back! i got to get a better routine going around here

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Plate spinner said...

I hear ya about the routine. Mine has been really off this week as well. Hang in there & here's to a better week to come.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ditto. To everything on your list. Structure. I really need to get back to that! I gained 5# last week but went down two this week. UGH!

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger JulieMom said...

Yes! Focus on the fun!

And bedtimes!

And time with God!

All good things I need as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: