Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Boring School
Tyler seems to like his new school. His only complaint is that the school is full of "nerds". People are nice, just a little "strange".

He said that one kid walks around with 6 decks of cards in his pockets.

Well, maybe that is a little different.

However I still prefer the "nerdy" school to the previous high school.

God has blessed our decision to move to the new school. One of my main concerns was that this school is 30 miles from our house. Those of you who have kids know how hard it is to get them all to just the most basic of activities on time. Traveling 30 minutes each way was going to pose a large problem.

However, our God has it handled.

We take two days a week and another family takes the other three days. I only have to pick him up on Mondays, another family brings him home on the other days.

Yeah God! This is such a blessing.

In adoption news; Our agency gave out 10 referrals at the beginning of this week. That means our magic number is now 58. That is our overall number which doesn't really tell us all that much. Those in front of us could be asking for a different gender or age range. We really have no idea.

It is fun to have a number, and count down as referrals come in. I mailed of the addendum our social work did for our home study today which means we are now approved for 2 children up to the age of 8. Our agency doesn't place out of birth order (generally) but I really felt God leading us to make this change to our paperwork. Now it is all up to him.

I pray everyday for our new children. I can't wait to hold them in my arms.

It has been kind of a stressful week with some things going on that I can't share yet. A friend of mine sent me the picture below this week. It made me laugh.



A trip to the spa sounds wonderful right about now. However, I think I am going to have to settle for a nice hot shower until I can work that into my schedule (and my budget!).

Labels: , ,


  posted at 8:38 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the school move. When it is right, it is right. :)
Sorry to hear it has been a tough week. I hope things look up in the very near future!!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can't believe how fast you are moving up on the referral list.

I'm coming to California next week. I'll be in the Bay Area though. Just thought I'd let you know...in case you have field trip plans in the area :-)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Score on the carpool situation! How come whenever I get into a carpool situation it always ends up with me as the ONLY driver?!? And you know my history in school parking lots......

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I went to a high school that was 30 miles away for 3 years. I drove two of those years and got a ride 1 year. It was far, but not ridiculous. I'm glad you have some help with the commuting.

I like that number 58. It doesn't sound too high.......

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

what a blessing on the carpool situation!

and you all seem to be moving up quickly on the referral list! that is great!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the congrats on our referral. It's so exciting! #58...trust me, you're going to move down that list fast.
Where in California are you? I was born and raised in So. Cal.

Tricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: