Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Shopping And Wrapping, Shopping And Wrapping...
After my marathon shopping trip on Sunday afternoon I spent the next day wrapping for almost as many hours as I had spent shopping. I don't know why I always insist on making cute bows and making everything look pretty. It takes so much time. I could have been done in about an hour if I had just put everything in a gift bag. However, my children like to remind me (often) that it just isn't as fun that way.


Last night hubby and I had a "date" where we finished the shopping. I needed "one thing" at about seven different stores. I told him we should make a game of it and see how long it took us to get in and out. Kind of like Christmas power shopping. It was kind of fun.


The most fun hubby probably had on our little adventure is when I "necked" with him in the Target parking lot for a moment. I had to break it to oldest son that I thought one of his friends might have walked by while this was happening. He. Was. Appalled. This didn't actually happen (the part about the friend) but it was fun making him think it had.


The only store we did not successfully power shop in was the sporting goods store. I really do not think I have adequately explained my husbands obsession with all things baseball on this blog. We spent 20 minutes looking for the perfect glove for the upcoming season for our 5 year old daughter. Hubby is so excited to have a new player to pass his love of the game onto. He found a very cute pink glove and a matching pink helmet for her. I think this was the 2nd highlight of his evening.


We stopped into a nice restaurant in between shopping for some good conversation, yummy appetizer's and a bowl of soup. It really was a fun evening.


It has been raining her for a couple of days and it has really made me in the Christmas spirit. When I went to pick Tyler up at school at 4:00 it was 38 degrees outside. It is snowing in a town not to far from us. We have had light snow once in 20 years here. My kids are sooo excited that maybe we will get a little white stuff tonight.


You know us crazy California people. It doesn't take much to get us all excited!

Labels:


  posted at 5:21 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Sounds like a fun evening...for both of you!!! I love occasionally embarassing my teen, too!!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

oh my kids want snow so bad, we are in Bakersfield not sure where you are but we had snow when my daughter was a baby and she rubs it into my boys all the time that there was snow the year she was norn lol

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Christmas power shopping...you crack me up.

Be blessed as you celebrate sweet friend!

Thank you for rejoicing with my family (and thanks for your prayers!)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: