Monday, November 24, 2008
Our Little Miracle
Well, I didn't get the Christmas decorations up this past weekend. I did get a lot of cleaning done so I am happy about that.

Because I am the principal of our little home school I have declared this week Fall Vacation. We are not going to do school (as in book work) we are going to learn all about what it takes to get the house ready for the holidays. The kids are actually excited about this. Paige is off of school until the first of the year (this is her off track time) and since she has been asking to put up the Christmas tree since last July we are going to make her very happy today when we tell her what we are going to do.

Speaking of Paige, there are things I have been meaning to share with you about her progress in school but haven't quite been able to find the words to do so. The change in her over the past six months has been nothing short of a miracle. A year ago she was speaking in one or two word sentences, or not speaking at all. She seemed disconnected and not really present in the moment. All of this has changed.

I don't think I fully understood how much growth she had experienced until my sister came back into town after a six month absence. She could not believe the change, how mature she was, how much she talked, how ALIVE AND PRESENT in the moment she seemed.

It truly is a miracle.

I have prayed and cried over this child for several years. Ringing my hands in worry. The low point came 18 months ago when we were told she was Autistic. Thankfully we had knowledgeable friends and family around us who did not believe that for one minute.

This past week they had their first award ceremony for the entire school. Her special ed Kindergarten class was included and Paige received the Super Star Student of the Month Award. When I saw her proudly walk up on stage to accept her little certificate I almost burst out bawling. She received all Outstandings on her report card (she has a modified curriculum), she has learned the first sight word list, can write her name, knows all her colors and shapes (even the hard ones) and is just soaring in so many other areas. Her teachers are so pleased and so are her Dad and I.

None of us understands this sudden and amazing change in her behavior. She still has speech and language difficulties, however, she makes progress each and every day and her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds. My heart swells with happiness when I think about it.

So, I wanted to thank God publicly on this little old blog. I know his hand is behind all of this. It truly is a miracle and I am so thankful for this answer to prayer. I know He has great things planned for her life, you can just tell by the twinkle in her eyes. She may never be "perfect" by the worlds standards but to me she is the most precious gift I have ever received. Thank You, Heavenly Father, for entrusting me with this very special little girl and for letting me be her mommy. Amen.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:34 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

That is fantastic news! Great job Paige!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger missy said...

I am so happy for you and your little precious daughter! I'm sure one day she'll be tickled to read these 'old' blog posts and realize how much God helped her to overcome as a child. :)

And every award that child gets is a slap in the face of satan. That tickles me...is that weird?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I am so glad Paige has improved so much. My son (who is 3) sounds a lot like Paige (I think I have commented this before). I am praying that he will show the same types of improvements as Paige. He has been in "school" for 6 weeks and I can notice small changes already.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger jolincountry said...

Wow, what a testimony of God's goodness and mercy and grace.
Congratulations to Paige for being recognized for such an honor!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

amen.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

You had just received that news about her being "autistic" back when I first found your blog--I remember it so well! What a cool thing to hear how well she is doing.

And about the house decorating--that's one thing I LOVED about homeschooling last year...the kids were actually home to enjoy the tree and the fire and all that good stuff. So nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: