Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Time Well Spent
Everyday I have to leave my house at around 2:00 p.m. to pick up Paige at school. Her school does not get out until 2:45 but I have to get there early to get a parking spot so I can walk up to get her. There is a very small parking lot and if you don't get there early you will have to wait 30 minutes in line to pick up your child. Paige's teacher brings the children out about 10 minutes early so we won't have to deal with the mad rush of kids streaming out of all the classrooms over our kindergartner's.

Every day when I have to do this I wish I was homeschooling her with the other kids. However, right now I really feel like the best place for her is this little classroom a few hours a day where she gets speech and occupational therapy.

Anyway, I try to use this time wisely while I am waiting. Sometimes I do my devotion for the day other times I plan curriculum for the kids at home.

I was feeling all proud of myself for being so productive during this time. Until today. When the woman next to me did something totally amazing, something I would have never thought of.

She pulled up next to me and parked. I noticed that she immediately began folding laundry from a basket on her passenger seat. When she was done she went to the truck of her Suburban and grabbed out another basket of laundry. I watched her fold FIVE loads of laundry. I was thinking about all the clean loads of laundry I had at home that still needed to be folded.

My curiosity got the better of me so I rolled down my window and asked her about her system. She was very nice and told me that twice a week she brings all the clean laundry with her in her trunk and folds it while she waits for the kids to get out of school. She has four children and folds each child's items into there own basket. When they get home the kids unload there basket from the car and carry it to there room.

Wow, now I call that a very organized super efficient mom.

Labels:


  posted at 6:07 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Man, that is a great idea. I always bring my dog in the car with me to pick up kids, and she would just ruin all my hard work, though! Way too hyper...lol!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

That's hilarious! I would have never thought of that--I used to do my Bible lesson or make a grocery list. I too, thought I was being all effecient! :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger missy said...

I am shamed. I am home ALL day EVERY day, only have one child, and I still struggle keeping up with the laundry!

Wow. She is amazing.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Yeah, that is impressive! I might have a book to read in the car if I"m early, but that's it!

We also have a parking problem at preschool, but not as bad as yours. The close parking spaces are supposed to be kept open for people like me with little babies to lug in (the other parking lot is much further!) but not everyone seems to know that.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger McAngie said...

Oh now that is a great idea~! Wish I would have thought of that! May I ask what your daughter suffers with to have speech and occupational therapy? My 9 year old has that at school too as well as severe learning disabilities, but we have yet to understand or find out what exactly is wrong.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Annie said...

But don't you think that doing your devotion for the day is more helpful overall than folding laundry....even though you may envy her getting her chores crossed off her list?? I still think you're spending your time wisely ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: