Monday, September 22, 2008
A Change Of Season


I love the first day of a new season. It always makes me think of renewal and new beginnings.

We had a lovely day here and the kids seem to be adjusting well to there new lives as homeschoolers. I am so thrilled.

I got down a old cookbook this afternoon looking for a pie that might call for apples and strawberries all in one. I wasn't sure how it would taste but I had some of each that I needed to do something with. I came across an old cookbook that had belonged to my mother in law, Janice, that I kept after she passed away several years ago. The kids and I had so much fun looking through this book because she had sticky notes throughout reminding herself of recipes she really liked, modifications she had made, and just general notes to herself. It was almost like having her there with us and it was a very special time. I know she is smiling down from heaven, thrilled that her grand kids have been using one of her beloved cookbooks to find a recipe. She was a wonderful woman who loved to cook and bake and I am so thankful to have this heritage to pass on to my own children.

When the kids got up and I started acting all goofy singing a made up "Happy Fall" song (I like to do this because it DRIVES THEM CRAZY) they realized that if fall were here winter was just around the corner. Which meant Christmas.

Samantha, being always the organized one, decided they should get a start on there lists this year. Just in case anyone wanted to get some early shopping done. She is such a thoughtful child.

Here is a picture of her when I told her those UGG boots she just really really wants are way to much money and NO ONE will be buying them for her.
The joys of online shopping. Notice her little doggy always near.
Samantha is such a good mommy to her little Jo Jo. She is happy as long as she is with her mommy. Even if it means sleeping on keyboard. Ouch!
Well, that's all my friends. Hope you enjoyed the first day of Fall. I can't wait to build a fire and make some hot cocoa.






  posted at 11:33 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:22 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That is so cute and funnyhow the little puppy sits right by the keyboard!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger missy said...

I just have to say, she looks so beautiful in that picture!

Your daughter, not the dog.

Although the dog is cute, too.

Anyway, she is really turning into a beautiful young woman. :)

Again, your daughter.

Sorry, feeling a bit loopy right now!!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Heidi,

Her doggy is cute and they are never far apart. I can see what a wonderful mommy she is going to be someday just by watching her with her "baby".

Thanks, missy, she is a delight and I am so enjoying being home with her.

Julie

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too adorable! Would you mind terribly telling me what type of little pup that is? Is it a maltese? I'm looking for a new dog and that one...well...he is too precious!

Your daughter is so pretty. When I was younger I always had my own Christmas list organized by October 1st! lol. I was and am still way too organized for my own good.

--Kristen
exemplified (at) rocketmail.com

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Kristin,

She is the sweetest little dog and yes she is a Maltesse. We love her so much and she has such a wonderful personality. You have to be careful with little ones though, as they only weigh around five pounds (our is not quite 3 pounds) and can get hurt very easily when little ones step on them by accident.

We have a had few of those moments but thankfully she has been OK.

Hope you find the dog that is right for your family.

Julie

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,

Thank you for letting me know the type of dog she is. Too precious! I've heard their size can be an issue for health reasons and risks just in every day life.

But how can you resist something so adorable? lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: