Friday, October 03, 2008
Answered Prayer
Today we went to our first homeschool activity where the kids could meet other children who are homeschooled. It was a park day and I was a little nervous about going because we didn't know anyone.

I was sure that Garrett (10) would make friends easily and he would have a great time. However, I was a little concerned that there wouldn't be anyone there for Samantha (12) to hang out with.

Samantha was really anxious to connect with some other girls her age, and I was worried that there would be mostly younger kids at the park. Though she would be happy to play with the younger kids for a while I knew she was yearning to connect with a friend her own age that was also homeschooled.

I took my concerns to our Heavenly Father asking him to provide Samantha with a special friend that could help her through this transition from "regular" school to homeschooling. My heart had been heavy about this for a few weeks and I kept asking God for his guidance in this area.

Garrett threw on some old grubby clothes while Samantha and I stood in our closets trying to figure out what to wear. Why were we both so worried about what we wore to a park day? Who was I trying to impress?

I finally settled on some denim carpi's and a t-shirt and Samantha threw on a cute short outfit (it was still hot today but tomorrow it is suppose to cool down, yeahhh!). On our way out the door she grabbed her dog, just in case there was no one at the park for her to talk to.

We got to the park and Garrett ran off to go and make some friends. Samantha and I looked at each other like "are you ready for this"? I really have no idea why we were so nervous.

We walked up to the mom's sitting at the picnic tables and introduced ourselves. We were greeted warmly and I sat down to visit. Samantha took off to walk JoJo as she didn't see anyone her own age around.

As she walked away a mom sitting on the end of the picnic table looked up excitedly and said to Samantha "Wait, don't leave, my daughter wants to meet you". Her daughter jumps up and both of there faces lite up at the realization that there is actually someone at the park who is a female older than ten years of age.

The girls walk off together and I did not see them again, except for brief water breaks, for the next 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Samantha was so excited to have met a new friend. It turns out that this new friend had attended one of the same schools Sam went to until the 5th grade so they had some mutual friends in common. They exchanged phone numbers and email addresses and promised to meet each other the next Friday at Park Day.

The other girls mother told me she was thrilled we had come as she had been praying for her daughter to connect with a nice girl her own age. She told me that girls Samantha's age rarely come to the park days and her daughter had been praying for a new friend to show up at a Park Day afternoon.

As we left the park the kids excitedly told me all about there new friends. Garrett told me he met ten great new friends and he had a blast, Paige had also had loads of fun.

This mama is feeling so much better tonight. I met some nice ladies, my kids had a great time, and my prayers were answered for my sweet daughter as well as for this other sweet girl.

Life doesn't get much better than that.

However, I may have to pray for hubbies Angels tonight. They lost again to those dreaded Red Sox even with our living room full of screaming fans for them tonight. Poor hubby.

At least his kiddos all had a great day, and this mom is going to bed with a big smile on her face!

Thank You Lord for your many Blessings!!!!!

Labels:


  posted at 10:23 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

What a great day all around! Isn't great to know that God answers even what think are the little things? How's things in paperwork world?

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oh, that is great!! I'm glad it.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad Samantha made a new friend her own age. :)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

That is AWESOME for you and your kids -- new friends. It makes the transition SO much easier.

(Sorry about your Angels. I'm ready to be done with the Red Sox here!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: