Thursday, October 02, 2008
A Storms A Brewin
I have talked before about my families obsession with baseball. My 16 year old son, Zach, is a DIE HARD Red Sox fan. His Dad is a DIE HARD Angel's fan.


If you know anything about baseball you know that right now those two times are battling it out in the five game American League Division Series. The first game was last night and the two sides sat on different coaches and rooted on their team. Garrett, 10, the Yankee fan (how could that be?) decided it would be a good time to root against his Dad and side with his brother.


This was not a good idea. The Dad did not like this.


It was a good game but unfortunately our Angels lost to the Evil (much beloved by my child) Red Sox. My husband was really annoyed. He wasn't happy. You getting the picture???


Well, I nicely told said 10 year old today that if he would like to continue living under this cushy roof he calls home he might want to consider rooting for the home team. Otherwise something bad may befall him while he sleeps.


OK, I exaggerate. However, this would make my hubby so happy and maybe not so grumpy if his team loses.


They play tomorrow night. Friends are coming over to witness the carnage. I'm praying for a big Angel victory.


I would much rather live with an upset teenager than an upset hubby. Sorry kid, you're on your own.


So, whats a woman to do when all the men in her life are feuding?


Why she eats lots of chocolate. I made this cake today and let me tell you it is some yummy chocolate goodness and really easy to make. Go ahead, click on over, I promise you your mouth will water. Better yet, make one for yourself. I bet you have everything in your cupboard to make it and your family will have big smiles on their faces after the first bite.


Go Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:


  posted at 6:31 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Cubbies! Cubbies! Cubbies! :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Too funny. Of course, here in NH it's all Red Sox all the time (DH and the older kids are completely hooked.) It's driving me a little batty. (They are watching a game as I type!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: