Saturday, October 04, 2008
Happy, Happy Days!
Our Dossier is finally complete. Our agency received the paperwork back from the Secretary of State late last week and that officially ended our paper chase for this adoption.

Can I hear an Amen!!! If I had to look at those papers one more day I was going to scream! Have I mentioned before how much I hate to do paperwork? Oh yeah, I forget, like a million times. Sorry.

So, the process we started 13 months ago and thought would take a maximum of six months took a bit longer. I have to believe there was a reason for that. That the child(ren) who are to be a part of our family weren't ready for us yet. God is teaching me patience, greater Faith, and a willingness to trust in him completely through this process.

What a Blessing!

Now the waiting begins. I have been praying for a referral by Christmas but the official wait time with our agency right now is 6 - 10 months for an infant. We are requesting a little girl 0-4years or girl/boy siblings 0-4 years. I have no idea if that means we will get a referral before someone asking for an infant only. Only time will tell.

So, thanks for going on this crazy wonderful journey with us. When you hear that loud screaming coming through your front windows you will know we received our referral. I am sure the scream of excitement I let out will be heard from California to Florida.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and
faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to
keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Labels:


  posted at 9:20 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 8:05 AM, Blogger holly said...

congratulations. I pray that it will go very quickly, and you will have your babies sooner than you think.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Created For His Glory said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I'M tired of your paperwork and I didn't even have to do any of it!

Congrats on that first big step.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Whoo hoo! How exciting!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, great news! I can't wait to hear about your referral and new child/ren!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I"m glad your paper work is complete for now. We'll keep on praying with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: