Wednesday, February 20, 2008
The Calendar
Do you ever look at your calendar and feel like screaming? I do.

This is the time of year when we always get really busy. So busy that my dreams are usually full of days where I can just stay home and clean my house.

At times, this can make mommy a little grouchy. However, I am really going to just try and enjoy it this year. My kids are growing up way to fast.

On the other hand this makes for a very happy Daddy. This is his favorite time of year. He love, love, love's it, and for the most part so do my kids.

The time of year I am speaking of is Baseball Season.

Opening day is March 8th. Practice has begun and the season is already in full swing.

Once again I am in charge of the Opening Day Carnival. No, I am not crazy. Just a loving wife.

My hubby loves it. Our baseball league always had kind of a boring Opening Day when Zach (16) was little. Four years ago I asked if anyone would mind if I planned a little carnival of sorts to make it a little more fun.

No one minded.

This is now my fourth year. It is bigger and better than ever.

We have Rock Climbing walls, A 40 foot zip line to propel the kids across the sky, a dunk tank, lots of carnival games and of course yummy food just to name a few things.

Yes, I like to do things big.

Surprisingly, no one else wanted to take over this year. I know, I know, you are all amazed that no one would just jump at the chance to be the new Carnival Queen.

Anyway, this is why my blogging has been a little erratic of sorts. I have a carnival to plan, pizza parties to organize, banners to purchase and practices to sit through.

Add to that the fact that Tyler (14) has decided he wants to wrestle next year in High School. Baseball isn't really his thing. Lucky for us the High School has a spring wrestling program for incoming Freshman which meets two nights a week. I am thrilled. Ahem.

Samantha starts a new season of Tennis in a few weeks and I signed Paige up for gymnastics and swim lessons because, well I don't know, perhaps I have developed a hole in my head which makes it impossible to make rationale decisions.

Throw in Zach's High School Baseball schedule, piano lessons, and Garrett's little class he is taking about being babtized and I think you get the picture.

We should sell the house and buy an RV to live in because WE ARE NEVER HOME between February and June.

This leads me back to the calendar.

I added all the kids new activities to it today. I had to use two calendars and hang them side by side.

I believe I can fit house cleaning into the schedule every other Tuesday from 10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m..

I really need to remember to take my vitamins.

Next up.....an adoption update.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 7:46 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 7:20 AM, Blogger LISA said...

I loved it when my son(now grown) played baseball.After high school I had withdrawal!
You have one busy schedule!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger missy said...

I get stressed with one kids schedule, I can't imagine yours! Have fun, though. Enjoy it. You don't need sleep anyway, right?!?!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Well I am tired!

I have when I have more than 2 things to do in one week--but it is a blessing that your family is enjoying it all!

Good luck with the carnival.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oh my!!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Wow, I'm tired just thinking of that. Only one of our kids does Little League and it's just a few months. It's hard to believe those things are right around the corner -- winter feels like it will never end around here (in NH.) 6 more inches of snow tonight!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

You are a busy lady! Good luck with the carnival. I know you will do a great job. I can't imagine how stressed you are. Right now my little ones don't have much activities...but I know that all the fun sports stuff is around the corner, and my life will be as busy as ever.

Can't wait to hear more about the adoption!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ha! I SO get you!!! My busy season has just stopped, so I get to take time off from mid-Feb to mid-June. After 2 weeks, I'm finally winding down :)
I just love cheering my kids on. My oldest is going to play golf, and I'm at a loss to how that works. Do I follow him from hole to hole and yell "Good job!" after he hits the ball? Or do I have to wait for him at the 18th and hope he's done good up until then? Gosh, the stress.... ;)

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that sounds like my life, though being Australian, we don't play baseball.

In our family we do, however, have basketball, netball, swimming, tennis, Cubs, Scouts, Girls' Club, band, music lessons etc.

My head is spinning at the moment too.

Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: