Thursday, December 13, 2007
Scatter Brained?
OK, my friends, I have been off Diet Coke for several weeks now and I think my brain cells have died since they are no longer getting all those Diet Coke Chemicals.

Seriously, I have been doing the weirdest things lately.

For example, today I decided to run out to the Bible Book Store which is about 15 minutes from my house. Twice a week I have one hour with no kids and I try and do something fun with that time, and not do laundry.

So, I figured I could run out to the book store and have about 40 minutes to just browse and maybe pick up some stocking stuffers.

That all sounded just great until I parked my car and went to grab my purse and realized I HAD LEFT MY PURSE AT HOME. With all the money in it.

I personally find it very hard to shop with NO MONEY.

Oh well, I went in and just browsed, which was still fun.

Then I remembered I had to pick up the kids Christmas pictures from the portrait studio that was right around the corner. Great, my trip out this way will not be in vain.

I zip into the portrait studio and explain that I would like to pick up my pictures. Do you have your receipt? Well, no. Do you have identification? Umm, nada.

Another wasted trip. It seems that portrait studios frown upon giving hundreds of dollars worth of pictures to people with no Identification or receipt.

Of course, I could have proved who I was if I had actually been in the picture. But, you see, I couldn't find a thing to wear and thus just had the pictures taken of the kids.

I am seeing a pattern here, are you?

Labels:


  posted at 2:16 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Don't give up! I have had days like that even on caffeine!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger missy said...

Hey Julie! I gave you an award. Stop on by when you get a chance!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Julie, I'm like that, and i was BLAMING it on the Diet Coke!!!!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I've done something like that before too.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Rochelle said...

Okay... I'm a bad friend here... go back to DC... go back! LOL! Okay, uh... sorry. You can do it! Go YOU! (I tried to kick this habit once before, and decided I missed DC too much!)

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

Hang in there Julie! your doing great! I have done that before without going off any sort of necessities such as diet coke and chococlate lol. I will be in the boat with you after the holidays as we attempt and i do say ATTEMPT to detox from sugar including pop. :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks ladies, I just have to laugh at myself sometimes.

Thanks for your support, Rochelle. At first when I read your comment I thought you were telling my husband to go back to DC, where he is on a business trip, due to all the mishaps we have been having around her with him gone.

He told me he read my blog and still wants to come home and be with us. Aint he sweet?

I am going to try all my errands again today, this time with my purse.

Thanks again,
Julie

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

sorry... I talk about diet coke so much I just shorten it to dc... scary, I know. ;/ keep up the hard work! I'll man the fort... someone's got to it! LOL!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I think that's called, "Your mind going in too many directions". I have that a lot!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ha! I'm laughing WITH you not AT you. Oh, you're not laughing??

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Children's Hope International said...

I tried to give up all caffeine a few months ago after a four day weekend with awful headaches...I realized I was addicted to my morning coffee at work! But... three days of nothing at all made me realize I am not a nice person without some form of caffeine.

You are a brave, strong person. Your brain will come back! :)

Jennifer N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: