Friday, December 07, 2007
Advent Snacks

I have quickly discovered that one of the kids favorite things about our daily Advent reading are the snacks that are served. I originally served the snacks to keep their hands occupied during the time we were reading from the book.

You know, so they couldn't be poking or hitting a sibling next to them while they were suppose to be listening. Not that anything like that every happens at our house. Ahem.

Anyway, I am quickly running out of ideas for special snacks. Last night we had a little mix of everything that I had served over the past few days. Here's what it looked like.

We had Kettle corn, cheddar cheese popcorn, ginger bread cookies, and one Reece's peanut butter cup. Whew. It was a big hit.

So, my smart and creative friends out there, if you have any suggestions for fun snacks to keep the kids hands busy I would greatly appreciate it.

On another note, it is 3:00 a.m. and I am up blogging because....IT IS RAINING OUTSIDE! Yeah!!!!

The hot air is gone and it is nice and cool. I must say you were a stingy bunch in your comments yesterday. No one wanted to give me some of their snow. Didn't your mothers ever teach you to share?

Well, its all right. I totally understand. I wouldn't want to share either.

I'm off to visit some of your blogs before I force myself to go back to sleep. For the time being though, I am up and enjoying the sound of the rain. I love that sound.

Have a Blessed day today.

Labels: ,


  posted at 3:02 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Rochelle said...

Snacks are always an added bonus. :) And I so agree about the snow.... share people!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger What a Gift said...

I love the idea of snack to keep hands occupied as we talk about advent. I have been putting and advent study on my blog check it out.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a fun treat yesterday. Come see!

http://baseballsandbows.blogspot.com/2007/12/yummy-fun-for-little-ones-and-big-ones.html

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that it is raining.

We are in our 11th year of drought so rain is a blessing here too.

The idea of a snack is a good one. I am not sure what snacks are available in the US but maybe you could try a dip like hommus with carrot sticks or crackers.

Did you end up doing the "How addicted to blogging are you" test on my blog? How did you go?

Kate

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Candy canes?? With a story about their significance. Candy canes were first used to keep little ones busy and quiet in church. Got that from Lisa Whelchel's ADVENTure of Christmas book which incidentally would be some thing great for your advent time!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I was watching the Weather channel in the middle of the night last night and I saw that you were getting rain. That's great.

What about just clementines? Does your family like those? We love them and eat them as snacks all the time.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Kymberlee - said...

Not sure where you are but I would gladly send you some of my snow if I could. I am new to the blog world and am very interested in Ethiopia as well. Check out my blog www.missionethiopia-kymberlee.blogspot.com Regarding snacks a great one is to take ritz crackers and put a rounded tsp of peanut butter on top and then melt some chocolate chips with one hershey bar. Then dip the cracker with peanut butter into the chocolate and put in the fridge until the chocolate sets. It is a great mixture of salty sweet. Hope that helps.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

How about trail mix with only things you know your kids will eat? They will be busy separating the peanuts from the pretzels and the raisins from the M&M's, they won't be touching each other.

Oh, and the ritz cracker sandwhich with peanut butter inside and dipped in chocolate? yeah, those are the BEST! Along with Lauren's pretzel snack she made on her blog, supper yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: