Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The Scream Heard Round The World
Updated Below


As I was cleaning up the kitchen tonight I heard what sounded like a small animal screaming loudly. I didn't know animals could actually sound like they were screaming. The kids and I had never heard anything like this before.

I immediately thought that the dog had caught another treasurer, he is known for keeping our rodent population down, when I thought to myself I doubt a rat or possum would sound like that.

Tyler (14) had been out back cleaning his bunny cage a little while before so I off handily asked The bunny cage was closed up right?

I have never seen children move faster than when I asked that question. Zach (16) ran out and yelled that the cage was open. Samantha (11) runs toward the screaming sound, someone else tackles the dog, and the very frightened bunny runs into Samantha's arms.

Now, I have to explain to you something about this bunny. His name is Mr. Fluffy Bottoms and he is a huge part of our family. This is Tyler's bunny and he loves him very much. This bunny comes into our house and runs around and shows much affection towards us all. Just tonight I was holding him on the couch and he snuggled into me like a little baby.

The thought that Mr. Fluffy Bottoms had been harmed in any way by our sweet Golden Retriever, Sydney, turned every child in our house into a screaming out of control lunatic.

It seems that after Tyler cleaned his bunnies cage, he left the back door open by accident. When he put him back into his clean cage it was already dark outside so it was not apparent the back door was still open. Mr. Fluffy Bottoms must of thought he would hop on out (its about a two foot drop) and have himself a little adventure. He apparently got more than he bargained for.

Every one slowly calmed down and we examined our sweet bunny. He was all wet and slobbery (from the dog licking and slobbering all over him) but did not seem to have any injuries.

The kids are all in bed now and I just put Mr. Fluffy Bottoms back into his cage wrapped in a nice warm blanket. I made sure both doors were closed and locked.

I am a little concerned that Sydney could have jumped on him and caused some internal injuries. From having bunnies before I know that there is really nothing I can do if this did happen. Dave is in Washington D.C. for a few days and I really don't want to wake in the morning to a bunny who is not, well, alive.

So, tonight I am praying for our sweet little bunny who is really so much more than just a bunny to our family. Our sweet dog was only trying to play and if he had really wanted to hurt Fluffy Bottoms he definitely had the chance. I think what he actually accomplished was almost scaring and licking the poor little thing to death.

Dear Lord, I am praying this for my children who are so worried about their sweet friend. Please heal our little bunny if their is indeed something wrong with him, and if he is not OK in the morning, please comfort my little ones hearts for they surely will be breaking. Amen.

Update: Mr. Fluffy Bottoms is happily jumping around his cage this morning. He ate a good breakfast and drank lots of water. The kids went happily off to school thanking God that their prayers were answered and Mr. Fluffy Bottoms seems to be OK.

I took a few pictures of him this morning to share with you but for some reason my computer won't load them. I'll try again later in the day. He really wasn't wanting to cooperate with me anyways and refused to look at the camera. I guess he's still a little mad we let the dog give him a sponge bath. Go figure.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 10:01 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Poor Mr. Fluffy Bottoms ... we'll be praying, as well :)

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Oh, I hope he is okay. I have heard the bunny rabbit scream before and it is an insane sound, unlike any other. My dog chases them and they get stuck in the chain link fence--but my dog never knows what to do with them and they are also quite slobbery by the time I can free them.

Good luck!

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I am so glad he is okay!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Cakes said...

oh this happened to us when I was a kid! That scream is the most horrible sound!

But our ordeal ended the same as yours. Glad he's alright.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

OH my! Mr Fluffy Bottoms! He must be very loved to have such a cute name!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger LISA said...

I'm glad Mr. Fluffy Bottoms is alright.He didn't like being the doggy toy!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks all for your concern. Tyler is very happy his little bunny is OK. He will be a great Dad some day if the way he cares for his bunny is any indication.

julie

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Poor baby. I'm glad there was an update when I got to the end. I was all worried!!!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Oh, how wonderful! We are waiting to see if our hampster recovers from her tussle with the cat. She seemed pretty shook up, but then started walking again, and so far she made it through two nights!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa Stover said...

how sweet. our bunny is not that friendly. but we don't put in a lot of time with him either. glad he's ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: