Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Is It Time For Turkey Yet?
This morning we didn't send the older kids to school and instead went and had their picture's taken at our local portrait studio. Our middle son hates having his picture taken so he said he would be fine to just go to school. We declined his sweet offer and instead scrubbed and puffed all of them into a sparkling clean and made it to our appointment exactly on time at 11:10 am. We were called in exactly 45minutes later. Why oh why do these places always run late?

Anyways, the pictures turned out really cute (I will post some when I get them back in a couple weeks) and besides the wait and the fact I spent all of our grocery money for the next month on pictures all is well.

After we were done Hubby asked if he could take our oldest son up to the ball park for some practice. Now he knows that their are lots of things around the house that really should get done today and we really shouldn't be doing things like going to the park. However, in my sweetest kindest voice I told him that would be OK with me if he wouldn't mind swinging by Sam's on his way home to pick up the tree. The one we almost purchased before.

No problem he told me. He will get it on the way home.

Wow, that was easy.

I am praying you all have a wonderful thanksgiving tomorrow. I am so thankful for all that God has bestowed upon our family. I am so thankful for a family who loves me, children who are healthy, and our many wonderful friends. Most of all I am thankful for a God who loves me warts and all.

Here is a sweet little ditty I would like to leave you with...

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



  posted at 3:53 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

I need to get my daughter's pics done. Thanks for the reminder! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger WendyDarling said...

Love the little "Ditty", Julie :-) Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. :-)

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Julie

Be blessed and having a wonderful celebration. Can't wait to see which tree you picked.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one hoemade and 5 adopted

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I hope my Thanksgiving dinner stays off my BUTT!! and stomach, and yes, my thighs, too. {chuckle}
Your kids had school yesterday?? Wow, I've never heard of that before! Can't wait to see the pics.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: