Saturday, October 06, 2007
A Plague of Old
(Warning: Some of my squeamish male readers may want to skip this post.)

Last night we had our Junior High Youth Group meeting. My good friend Kathy and I were on our own with the (wild monsters) I mean, sweet pre-teens, as her hubby (who usually does the teaching) was out of town and my hubby had to stay home with our young ones, as our regularly scheduled sitter had another engagement that evening.

So, anyway, we had already decided to let the kids watch The Prince of Egypt. We had been studying the stories of the Old Testament and thought for a fun change we would have a movie night. The local drug store had a special on giant boxes of candy, a buck a piece, and lets just say I think Kathy cleaned them out of every box.

We had a prayer time and then put the movie on. The kids all got their own boxes of candy and popcorn and settled in with pillows and blankets to watch the show.

During the movie I became a little uncomfortable. You see, a few days ago I discovered what appeared to be a pimple between my, um, bosom. This thing was really hurting, and I was becoming very annoyed.

At the end of the movie the kids played some DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution) and then we sent them home to their parents all souped up on sugar and caffeine. I am sure they were all thrilled with this sweet blessing we bestowed upon them.

When I got home I went immediately to the bathroom to check out my pimple. The thing was HUGE. I had never actually seen anything like it. I went to bed hoping it would be gone in the morning, or at least smaller and not so painful.

Well, my friends, that was not to be. This morning it hurt worse and was larger and more disgusting looking than ever. I showed it to hubby, who by the look on his face agreed with my opinion of this things disgustingness.

Hubby got on the Internet to research "my condition" I am sure hoping and praying it did not take over my entire body.

So what did he find out? Well, it seems I do not have a sweet little pimple but a DISGUSTING BOIL. I had only heard of Boils in the Old Testament as related to plagues and poor Job. Did people actually still get these things???

It seemed laughable to me that I was cursing this thing during the watching of this particular movie. As the plagues worked their way across Egypt....

So they took soot from a furnace and stood before Pharaoh. Moses tossed it into the air, and festering boils broke out on men and animals.
Exodus 9:9-11


It seems a boil is a hair follicle that has become infected. Who knew?

So, as we have talked about before, I seem to not only be growing unwanted hairs on my chin as I age, but now they are sprouting from my bosom.

Such an attractive thought.

As a result of my affliction I have been placing warm cloth's upon myself hoping this thing will pop, so it can drain (again, such a lovely thought) and the uncomfortableness will go away.

As a side note, I don't believe their will be a lot going on in the romance department in the laundry household this weekend.

A boil between your bosom can kind of take the fun out of things.

Labels:


  posted at 11:35 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 1:29 PM, Blogger missy said...

Not to laugh at your misery or anything....but this post had me cracking up, especially considering the movie you were watching!!

I had one before, they really hurt! I did the hot towel thing and poked at it way too much. Not fun!

Anyway, hope it goes away soon and thank you so much for the needed giggles today!!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I had no idea what a boil was. NOW, I know.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger LISA said...

I can imagine the look on your hubby's face! I was laughing while i read it, my hubby asked what i was laughing at..i had to inform him it was for women only!LOL!!!
I hope u have a quick "recovery"!!!!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Deedra Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! How can I know you so well when I've never even met you?!! You know how to make us laugh (even if it is at the expense of your misery - sorry for that:)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

You are one brave lady for even disclosing that one! Poor thing, hopefully your "affliction" will be history very soon!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I'm sorry that you are dealing with that, but your post was funny! It is ironic that you were watching Prince of Egypt!!! Hopefully you'll be back to good as new before too long!
=),
Corrie

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Yikes ... you okay now?????

I hate getting little whiskers on my chin...

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Ow-ow! That sounds wretched. I believe that boils are also viral. It could be worse -- my Mom had them all over her face when she was a teenager! (Thankfully, it didn't last long.)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Is that they way to get them to back off? A painful, festering boil? And it works??

Just kidding! LOL
I can't imagine, I hope its gone now. My dad used to get them on his back.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

So funny!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: