Friday, September 21, 2007
Sleep is Highly Over Rated Anyway, Right?
It is 4:00am and I have already been up two hours. Paige came into our room and asked for a drink around 2:00 and after that I COULD NOT GET BACK TO SLEEP.

This seems to happen more and more the older I get. I used to be able to go back to sleep in a few seconds, now sometimes not at all.

Does anyone else have this disease that seems to afflict mothers much more than fathers?

Does anyone else have husbands who can sleep through little ones requests for drinks or hugs in the middle of the night? Yeah, I thought so.

The good news is I have already done two loads of laundry and got quite a bit of packing down for our trip to the mountains this weekend.

All of my siblings (there are 5 of us) will be together for the first time in quite a while. Some cousins are also coming with their families so it should be a really fun family weekend.

Hopefully, I can get a little nap on the way up the mountain so I don't fall asleep to early this evening and miss out on some of the fun.

On another note, several of you have emailed me asking how Paige's school is going. Thank you so much for your kind words and concern. I cannot begin to tell you how much they mean to me.

Paige is doing great. She really likes school. After six weeks we can already see a dramatic difference in her language skills. School has also seemed to boost her self confidence enough that she will try and talk more even if we are having a hard time understanding her. It really has been remarkable and such a wonderful answer to prayer.

Her class has been working on telling people your name this week. We were all cracking up last night because she kept going around to all of us doing this...

Paige: Hi, My name Paige.
Me: Hi, My name is mommy.
Paige: Mommy

Paige: Hi, my name Paige
Samantha: My name is Samantha
Paige: Samantha

This went on and on for quite a long time. They must have been practicing saying the other persons name because she always repeated it after you said it.

We were all thrilled because she had never said her name before, she was barely making more than one or two word sentences at the beginning of August so this was quite a milestone for us.

So, it a nutshell, we are very pleased with her progress.

Well, that's it. Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend.

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:01 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 5:45 AM, Blogger lori said...

Julie,
It seems that even though the little ones no longer come down asking for a drink...I am STILL up at 4am...and my honey is sound asleep...get my best work done, when I actually 'get out of the bed!':)
yeah, i guess sleep is overrated..and that what God made coffee for, right??
peace today!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Beck said...

I think there's something wrong with me, but I sleep right through my kids' nighttime wakings - my husband has ALWAYS been the nightime parent! And I sleep like a big exhausted rock, too - from one end of the night to the other. I'm still tired but it doesn't feel as JUSTIFIED as other mother's exhaustion!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger missy said...

I am the SAME way. I can hardly ever go back to sleep if I'm awaken in the middle of the night. For that reason Hubby tries to be the middle of the night guy, thank goodness for that. Try to get a nap today!!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Hyperactive Lu said...

Hope you get a nap today! :) I want to go to the mountains this weekend! Sounds like fun!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

What great news about Paige! That must be so rewarding to see her make progress.

My husband is a very deep sleeper and he snores, so those combined usually do make me the one to get up, and then not be able to get back to sleep easily.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Wow! I am so glad that it is going better with Paige...what an answer to prayer! Progress is good, even when it seems to come slow. Sounds like she is doing really well!
Have fun on your trip!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

I can't ever go back to sleep if I am awaken. I am better about not hearing every single noise, but I still have those mom instincts... then I'm up all night long!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!!

Kelli

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Just when I was all finished with middle of the night kid stuff, I had two more kids. Donnie rarely hears them, lol. But he is good about helping if I wake him up.

I have a great book giveaway for mom's on my blog. Its about journaling for our kids.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad school is going well. It sounds like she is making great strides! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I am sooo with you on the whole sleep thing... and the men being able to sleep thru it all...
*rolls eyes*

Anyhoo...
great news about Paige...
Matthew is pretty delayed... *sad face* We sure have to work w/ this little fella... I sure hope he's okay...??
He doesn't seem to be making much progress w/ his talking ... it's been several months of seeing a therapist....

I think we'll be doing an MRI soon...??

They wanted to do it last year..

but we were almost out of health insurance... now we have an increased cap.. so we better go ahead and do it... I'm afraid...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: