Friday, September 28, 2007
Last Weekend
We had a wonderful weekend in the mountains last week. My family and my brother and three sisters all got together for a few days. There were a total of 22 people and it was great to have everyone together and just hang out. We also played some cards and began teaching the younger generation about the fine art of playing pinochle. Our oldest was really interested in this.

We took walks.



Big Sister helping Little Sister.

Cousins enjoying time together.

The younger generation learning new recipes in the kitchen. They had a great time helping Aunt Stacey cook up all her wonderful meals. I can still taste the freshly made corn salsa and fresh chips. Yummy!!!

Uncle Dan taught Garrett all about birds. Garrett loved learning about all the different kinds and looking through his Uncle's bird book to find the different species. Here is one he especially liked. He's already asleep or I would ask him what the name of this bird is....for the life of me I can't remember.



The kids also enjoyed watching the squirrels jump from tree to tree. They were the fattest squirrels I had ever seen. Obviously very well fed by the locals.


Paige spent most of her time hiding from me so I couldn't get a good picture of her. I trapped her behind the sofa while she was playing with some blocks to get these two shots. She is such a little stinker.


Now, of course, any good trip wouldn't be complete without some shopping. After breakfast on Sunday the girls went shopping while the boys stayed home and watched football. They had some of the cutest little shops and we purchased quite a few treasures. Samantha had a good time trying on every hat on the rack at this store. She did look pretty cute.

Well, now that last weekend is over tomorrow I have to get back to reality. I plan to clean my upstairs from top to bottom, with a little help from other members of the family.

I doubt they will show the same level of enthusiasm as they did for our mountain trip.

Labels:


  posted at 1:42 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Heather said...

sounds and looks like you all had a great weekend!! how great it is to catch up and hang out with extended family. I know how hard it is to "get back to the real world" after a great weekend trip! I hope you all adjust well!! :)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

Love the pictures!! Glad ya'll had such a great time!! I love it when family gets together!

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful trip! The scenery looks beautiful!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Those are awesome pictures!!!!!!!!

What a fun time...
wow.... awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Looks like a great time, Julie -- great pictures, too! BTW, I made your company casserole for my family and it was a big hit! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm not envious at all, no ma'am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: