Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Proper Attire Is Important For All Occasions
Today I was feeling a little lazy. It was one of those days where I just didn't want to leave the house. I didn't want to run to Target and get the 15 things on my list. I just wanted to stay home and putter around.

Do you ever have days like this?

My two middle schoolers had a half day and were home by 11:30.

We decided to go out back and pick the rest of the apples off the tree. We are going up to the mountains this weekend to visit my family and I thought to myself "Wow, wouldn't they all be impressed if I brought along a homemade pie made from my very own apples off my very own tree?"

Yeah, probably not. But I wanted to do it anyway.

When Samantha found out we were going out to pick apples she quickly ran upstairs to change. Why you can't pick apples in your school uniform is beyond me, but apparently it cannot be done.

She came down a very very long 15 minutes later in a new cute outfit, with a curler placed in the front of her hair to fix her bangs (apparently a new hairdo was also in order) and a heavy coat on over her new outfit. It was a brisk 75 degrees.

Now, when a girl is picking apples their is a particular way the feet are to be placed on the ladder to make the correct fashion statement while doing said activity.

Here is Samantha's version.

No kidding, the girls foot did not touch the ladder.

During our apple picking we began discussing my hair appointment which was suppose to be at 4:00pm. I really wanted to cancel it because I just didn't feel like getting all cleaned up to go to the "beauty parlor".

Now I am going to be really raw here and show you a picture of the back of my head. Where my deep dark roots are showing through. We won't even get into my eyebrows. Oh my, do they every need a waxing. You will also notice in said picture that I am still in my pajama top. At 2:00 in the afternoon.

I told you I was feeling a little lazy today. OK, don't laugh here it is.
Please note Samantha's curler in the front of her head. Clearly she must be mortified to have a mother who would rather pick apples then attend her hair appointment.

Here is a better look at my sweet girl.
Isn't that one of the scrawniest apple trees you have ever seen. The branches were all almost touching the ground under the weight of the heavy apples. I clearly need to do some research on apple tree pruning. I think ours could definitely use a little TLC.

I never did get to the hair salon so my roots are still dark and my eyebrows still bushy.

But, we did get all of these.

and I am off to bake a pie whether my family will be impressed or not.

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:53 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 7:08 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Great looking apples. I would love a slice of the pie!

I know the feeling of not wanting to get ready too.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Lucky you for having your own orchard! We hope to go soon, too. What a fun fall activity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: