Tuesday, October 02, 2007
the rocking chair
Today hubby and I went to have physicals. We needed them for our home study agency so I decided to get the full 100,000 mile check up while we were there. Of course, the doctor looked at me like I had two heads when we told him I needed a certified letter stating we were both healthy and free from any disease, because we would be adopting another child. He then asks what kind of birth control I am on? I couldn't resist. I told him we didn't use any as we were hoping to have an even dozen some day. He didn't ask again after that.

Our blood work was all good, my blood pressure is low, and other than the nasty bladder infection I seem to have (sorry if TMI) I should be good for at least another 100,000 miles. I was actually happy to find out about the infection. I had been so tired lately and couldn't figure out why. That definitely explained it. I look forward to getting my energy back soon.

We've been busy getting ready for our home study. I am sure all will go well but I have been feeling a little stressed about some new rules that are going on with the Ethiopian adoption community.

We originally wanted to adopt a little girl that was between 2 and 3. We then found out that Ethiopia may be passing a law stating your youngest child must have a minimum of a three year age gap between him or her and the child being adopted. Some agencies are not yet applying this rule, however, our agency is. We also found out this week that the Ethiopian government will no longer be granting adoptions to families with more than five children.

I was really upset by this news. I had really wanted to adopt two children, but not necessarily at the same time. This new rule kind of forces our hand. We either adopt two at one time (there is no limit on the number of children you can adopt at one time if you have five or less children in your home) or we may only be able to adopt one.

I was open to adopting siblings but hubby really wanted to only adopt one. Now, we are having to revisit this decision. To say I have been praying fervently would be an understatement. I feel like we have hit a wall and am not really sure what to do about it. So, I am patiently (haha) waiting for God's guiding hand. I am feeling very unsettled right now and unsure of what direction we should go. I hate that feeling.

On a sweeter note. Our neighbor across the street gave us this cute little rocking chair for our new addition. All of our friends have been so supportive of our decision to adopt. We are so thankful for all of them and all of you for your sweet prayers and support.



Thanks for listening to my little rant. I need to remember the words to my favorite scripture and keep it close to my heart as we seek Gods will and his purpose for our family.

All things work together for good for those who love God and work according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Labels:


  posted at 5:06 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 4:19 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Wow, 5 children is more than I feel I can handle, but in the world it really isn't that many. That being said, I bet it isn't commonplace for doctors to have to write notes for adoption agencies.

Much luck and wisdom to you for making these hard decisions.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

That's my favorite scripture, you know!

I'll tell you this. Our adoption journey went NOTHING like we thought it would. But at every turn, we felt perfect peace about the decisions God placed before us. Fear, yes. But indecision? No.

I'll be praying for you!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some tough decisions ahead, but through prayer, I am sure you will make the best one for your family.

That rocking chair is adorable, and I know you are appreciative of everyone's support!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Welcome to the world of international adoption and long waits and paper chases and intrusive questions and so on! We are The Gang, and you can check our adoption story in my archives ("A Little Bit Of Our Story" and so on). Came here by way of heidi@ggip and love your blog. And welcome to the waiting :)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Lisa Spence said...

May God show Himself faithful as you wait on His perfect timing as He grows your family!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

Some tough decisions for sure! But I know God will work it all out for you,....hopefully sooner than later!

I'm cracking up over your remark to the Doc about birth control! Nosey question!...even for a Dr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: