Monday, October 15, 2007
A Little To Much Excitement
Updated Below

Around Midnight last night we were awoken by lots of loud sirens and some comotion in front of our house.

It seems a young man stole a car, raced it up the hill to where we live, and then crashed. The police were in hot pursuit so when he crashed he ran and hid. In our neighborhood.

The police have been parked in front of our house all night, with their high beams on, peering through the fog for this guy. Of course they chose to park right in front of the kids bedrooms and kept them up all night talking on their radios to each other. (I realize this is not their fault)

Dawn is breaking through and it is still really foggy. We still have a police car parked out front, but no sign of the car thief.

The kids don't want to go out front to get into the car for school for fear a wild man will jump out at them.

I just remembered my Suburban is parked out front and I didn't lock it last night. Hopefully, I won't find a sleeping car thief in their when we open the doors.

Perhaps I will allow our friendly policeman to open the door first.

I'll let you all know when our neighborhood gets back to "normal".

Update: After we left for school the police came into our back yard and searched it for their suspect. My neighbor told me it was very exciting as the four policeman had their hands on their weapons ready to draw if needed. I am sure my boys will be so upset they missed that.

When we drove out of our street their were no less than ten police cars in our little community standing guard and a half a dozen officers on foot going from house to house with dogs.

I must admit the police were very thorough.

Unfortunately, their car thief seems to have slipped through their fingers. After searching all the homes he was no where in sight.

The police have left and the neighborhood still feels a little unsettled. No one is out walking and we all have our doors locked.

I just got home from taking Paige to her four year well check (where the word Autism was again thrown out their by the doctor over and over, more on that later). She was very brave when she had to get a couple of shots, but was not happy at all with their ugly bandaids. What, no Spondge Bob or Disney Princess? Poor child had to make do with an ugly brown band aide.

So, after the car thief and the ugly brown band aide ordeals I am ready for a little nap. Unfortunately, the laundry is calling my name. Dang it!

Labels:


  posted at 6:47 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Robin Green said...

How scary--and sorry you lost a night of sleep.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

SO glad your safe! if not sleepy.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kellan said...

I would imagine that the police in front of your house sort of kept the bad guy away from your house - that's a good thing, right?

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's fine in the movies, but it is more excitement than you want in your neighborhood. I hope they caught him!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

And I thought it was creepy the other night when I heard some dogs fighting outside!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

Oh, sorry for your friend. My son just has slight Autism thank goodness. He has "Asperger Syndrome". A higher functioning Autism. I feel for your friends as this could be a long road of questions for them if it is true.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Melody said...

We had that happen here once while hubby was out of town. We didn't have police in the backyard, but we had helicopters for hours and they flew right over the house and checked out our backyard with their searchlights. Scary scary stuff! Glad you are all okay though!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh my goodness, I think I would have been under my bed thankyouverymuch!!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Scarey stuff!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: