Wednesday, October 10, 2007
A Special Day With Grandma
Our two middle schoolers had Grandparent's Day last week at their school. This is a fun time for the grandparents (or special family friend, aunt, uncle, etc.) to come visit the school and meet the students teachers.

One of my parent's dogs is very sick so Grandpa stayed behind to keep an eye on her. I got up early and drove about 30 miles down the freeway to pick up Grandma for the morning festivities.

Here's Grandma out front with the kids. It was cold so Samantha wore a blanket around herself while we were outside. It just happened to be free dress day so the students could chose to wear a Christian Shirt and jeans if they want. I always think it is funny that Samantha would never miss a chance to wear something different but her brother could really care less. He always just wears his uniform.

Grandma was really excited that the kids put on a Worship service for them. The students did a great job of praying and leading us in songs.

Our school purchased land a few years ago to build a new facility. After much prayer and hard work the new school was finished this year and the students moved in this past September. They were all excited to show their Grandparents around their new digs.

One of the first things my kids said to me when they found out Grandma was coming was "Yeah, we finally get to ride upstairs in the new elevator". Yes, that is a big deal indeed. Only teachers are allowed in the elevators normally, so this was quite a treat. Here is Samantha taking her ride up with my mom. As you can see she is very excited.
OK, here I need to brag a little. Isn't my mom cute? She will be 88 next month (sorry, mom, I had to out you) and is still so beautiful. Her granddaughter got her love of fashion from both of her grandma's. My mom always looks so cute. I love you very much, mom, thanks so much for always being their when we need you.

Alright, I'm done with the mushy stuff (as my kids would say), on with the tour.

Samantha took Grandma into her math class where her teacher has a shrine to the Dodgers. My mom is a Dodger FANATIC! She never misses a game whether it be on radio or TV. She took a picture in front of the little shrine and picked up a baseball signed by someone (sorry, can't remember who). She figured her granddaughter must be in good hands if her teacher was a fan of the Dodgers.


After that Tyler took her in to meet his science teacher. Here they all are.

Then Tyler took a break from touring to play a "quick" game of chess with a friend.


Then off we went to see their lockers. Samantha, being a sixth grader, has a bottom locker. Her older brother has a coveted top locker. She has begged him to switch with her but he won't. Making it even more unfair, in her eyes, is that HE DOES NOT EVEN USE HIS LOCKER. She has many wonderful things in hers, it is decorated as you can see below, she would take such good care of his top locker. However, he refuses, if only to make her life a little more miserable.

After all, what are big brothers for?

Do you remember how exciting it was to get your first locker?

Labels:


  posted at 8:19 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

It looks like they had a wonderful time! Qhat a great idea for the school to have :)

The only fav thing about my locker, was that for two years I was "lockered" right next to my high school crush- Captain of the Basketball and Football team. I'd give his name, but, you know- goole may "out" me. LOL

Hey EL- how's Florida.

There- that all I'll say !

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Julie;

Your mom is so cute! (even before you said you thought she was cute, I was saying to myself-what a beautiful woman!) I honestly would never have guessed her to be in her eighties (tell her I said that)!

What a blessing that she pours herself out for her family, truly you are blessed.

I think it is great that your children adore her...it is quite obvious!

hugs
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That looked like a fun day. Your mother looks TONS younger than her real age!

Is that really all the locker space they give the kids nowadays?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger LISA said...

How cool to have "Grandparents Day"!!! Your mom looks so much younger than you ratted her out as.LOL! She must have a very positive attitude!! BIG HUG for your mom!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kathyb1960 said...

I didn't have any brothers, so that's just seems mean to me! LOL

We had lockers, but I was in Band, so I only ever used my locker at the beginning of the year, & then maybe off and on during the year. To this day I have nightmares of losing my locker/forgetting my combination/forgetting where a class is.

My Soph yr I left my schedule at home on the 2nd day. I had to call my mother to tell me where my next class was (LOL), and then she brought it to me at lunch.

Your Mom is a doll! I know this was last year when she was 88, but she looks great!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices seeking the boots are around 230 pounds on every site. But completely I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices seeking the boots were about 340 bucks everwhere. But for all I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices seeking the shoes are around 310 pounds on every page. But definitively I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you say about it?

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices for the velcros were about 320 bucks on every site. But for all I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what is your opinion?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: