Thursday, October 11, 2007
Fingerprinting and Shopping All In One Day, Can Life Get Any Better?
Today hubby and I ran around taking care of some adoption business. We got fingerprinted for our Home Study, ran around trying to get some paper work notarized (thanks Celeste for taking care of that for us), and generally just tried to plow our way through all the bureaucracy on our way to bringing our little girl home. When will the paper work end????

I have been thinking a lot lately about the little girl we hope to adopt. Where is she now? Is she born yet? Are her parent's sick?

I pray for both her and her birth family every day. I try not to think about the fact that our next child will have to face a tragic loss in order to join our family. In my head I understand that their is nothing I can do about this fact, however, my heart aches at times thinking of our little girls parents and the grief they must suffer to give us this wonderful gift.

I know in my heart I will never be able to forget about them.

After we ran our errands, picked up the kids at school, and hubby ran to a doctors appointment, I got this great idea to escape from it all for a while.

Tyler (14) leaves for Washington D.C. with his eighth grade class in a little over a week and their were some things I really needed to pick up for him.

Dave told me to just leave and go get what ever I needed to. He said "take your time, go shopping".

Girls, aren't those some of the sweetest words any man could say to his wife?

I took him up on it and escaped for over four hours.

Heaven, I tell you, pure Heaven.

I got to stroll the aisles of Target ALL BY MY SELF. I went to Linens and Things and nobody said "When can we leave, I don't like this store"?

I looked at every Fall and Halloween decoration that I wanted to. I looked at purses, shoes, linens, and appliances.

You know what?

I had a blast.

Thanks, honey, for my little break. It felt like a whole weekend away.

You are the best!!

p.s. I hear the spaghetti dinner you whipped up was mighty fine!

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:22 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:39 AM, Blogger missy said...

Four hours on your own is truly a gift better than chocolates, am I right? What an awesome hubby you have! :)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

When we had to get fingerprinted for our adoptions, I felt guilty, for some reason. Probably had to do with the fact that we were in the back room of a small-town police department.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: