Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Weigh In - Week 1
Wow, what a week this has been. I am proud of myself for sticking with my new eating plan and just not throwing in the towel. I did stumble once (mother's day dinner) but the rest of the week I was good and stayed on plan.

I lost 2 pounds this week. I was really hoping to lose at least 3 but I am happy with 2.

I thought I would share my all time favorite veggie recipe from Weight Watchers. Only 1 point (68 calories) per serving. Here it is....yummy!

Oriental Green Beans

1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
3 Tbl. soy sauce
1 Tbl. oriental sesame oil
1 tsp. granulated sugar
6 garlic cloves, minced

1. In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, cook green beans until just tender, 4-5 minutes.

2. While beans are cooking, in small bowl combine soy sauce, oil, and sugar; set aside.

3. Drain beans; set aside.

4. Spray wok or 10" skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 20-30 seconds. Add green beans; cook, stirring and turning constantly, until well coated, about 2 minutes.

5. Add soy sauce mixture; continue to stir and turn until most of the liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes.

Nutrition Information: 68 calories, 2.4g fat, 4g fiber (makes 6 servings).

I took this to Easter dinner a few years ago and it has become a family favorite. Some times I double the recipe and save the leftover for snacks when I need a little something.

Hope you Enjoy!

Labels:


  posted at 6:42 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

congratulations, keep up the good work!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Serving Him said...

2 lbs is GREAT...Good job. And your Green bean recipe sounds Yummy. I hope you have another great week.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Good Job! 2 pounds is not a small feat! :)

Can't wait to try the green beans.

Praying for Paige's dr. appt today.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That recipe sounds great, I'm going to try it sometime. That does sound like alot of garlic though!! :)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Way to go! I say any amount lost is good - keep up the great work!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Good for you! What a week it's been - good luck for this week too!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I made these beans for dinner tonight. They WERE yummy. I substituted 1 T olive oil + sesame seeds because our sesame oil was rancid.

Thanks!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Congratulations!!! A 2lb loss is better than any gain. Good for you!!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: