Wednesday, May 09, 2007
my diet and the snack bar
For this great diet adventure (I know it is suppose to be a life style change and I am working on it)I was suppose to go to Weight Watchers meetings and weigh in. I had planned to go to my first meeting Monday night but our youngest sons baseball practice went late and I never go there. No problem, I said, I will go tomorrow night (Tuesday) we have nothing going on. Well, that never happened either.

You see I am in charge of the Little League snack bar. I went there yesterday to open at 4:30 and wait for the team to show up who was suppose to work last night. Only one person showed up. It takes three to run the snack bar. I had to stay.

Now, let me say that a snack bar is probably not a good place to be if you are in the throws of sugar withdrawal from your first hours of dieting. Nachos, Chili Cheese dogs, soft pretzels, candy bars....need I go on. I had a very bad headache by 7:00pm when the workers finally showed up just from concentrating on not popping anything into my mouth.

This morning I decided to just do the online version until baseball is wrapped up in mid June. I don't think I can add one more place that I have to be to my life right now. When I get overly stressed I eat. Something I am trying to avoid. I weighed myself this morning (for the first time in a while) and was not overly shocked at what the scale said. It was pretty much what I had predicted. My goal is to lose 40 lbs.

I found all my old weight watcher info neatly filed in my cupboard. I joined three years ago after Paige was born, lost 20 lbs, and then gained it back plus more over the next three years. I want my old body back. I want to feel healthy and have lots of energy again. I am finally ready to make the commitment.

Thanks for taking the journey with me.

Labels:


  posted at 12:06 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Delete said...

Julie-

Congrats on not eating the contents of the snack bar. I'm like you as a stress eater and I would not have had the fortitude that you showed. Good job!

I agree, if something is stressing you out then that is probably not the solution for you. I had a similair experience with a Bible study that I was in and had to kiss that one good-bye.

Keep up the good work!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Cutting stress out of your life is a great way to cut out pounds too - how awesome that you've recognized that and are doing something about it.

One of the biggest tips that has helped me out, is to take just a few seconds before I eat something to ask myself is it worth it? Are the calories proportionate to how much I'll enjoy it? Frankly, something has to taste pretty darn good for me to risk gaining more weight!

That's the idea, anyway. Good luck!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

Good luck on your weight loss goal. I know you can do it!

I finally got my random post up! Thanks again for the tag.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I know what you mean about a snack bar not being a good place to be. My husband worked in a gourmet french pastry shop right before we were married. A lot of free samples were almost required to be taken home and "tested" so he would know how to relate to the customer. I got to share all of those! Luckily I bought my wedding dress a little big.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

I am so proud of you! That was a HUGE accomplishment, Julie. I hope you are proud of yourself. :)

That is great that you are able to see your struggles. I think by being honest, like you are, it helps us to get real on our journey. Hopefully, that will help us to make this a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I'm glad we're both doing this together. ((Hugs))

michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: