Friday, May 11, 2007
another long night
Paige stayed home with her older sister last night while the rest of the family went to Garretts baseball game. When we got home they were both on the trampoline and Paige was crying a little bit. Samantha told us she had just fallen down while jumping and I could see in her eyes how tired she was from the night before. I picked her up, carried her in the house, and she quickly fell asleep in my arms.

Just as I was preparing for bed, around 10:30, she woke up crying. I wanted to cry myself. After very little sleep the night before I was hoping we would both sleep better tonight. That was not to be. She kept crying and saying something hurt but as many young children do she couldn't tell me exactly what it was. Around 3:00am I started thinking she may have an ear infection and put some drops in her ears I had left over from one of the boys last ear infections. This seemed to offer her some relief and she finally fell asleep in her sisters arms. Poor Samantha. Paige had been crying for her for awhile and when she wouldn't stop hubby went into Samantha's room to wake her. She came into my room, layed next to Paige, who promptly curled into her and went fast to sleep. There bond is truly something very special.

Paige slept fitfully for the rest of the night. This morning Samantha got up with her while I got dressed and got the other kids moving. When I came downstairs Paige was crawling on all fours saying she had an owee again. I picked her up and stood her in front of me and noticed she was not putting any pressure on her right foot. Then I remembered last night on the trampoline when she said she had been hurt. I feel so bad that her leg was really hurt and I had no idea. She is also now saying he ear hurts.

We have a doctors appointment at 2:00 today. Please pray that her little leg is OK. I really do just feel so so badly.

Update: Paige did not have a broken leg, just a bad sprain. She still can not walk on it and I am to bring her back if she is not a lot better by Monday. The doctor took nine x-rays (he was pretty sure there was a break somewhere) but nothing showed up. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

Labels:


  posted at 11:03 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Bless her little heart. Don't feel bad though, you didn't know. :) ((hugs))

Praying that she is fine and that you will all get some good deep sleep really soon. :)

Michelle

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I agree with Michelle that you shouldn't feel like you did anything wrong. Poor girl! I hope her doctor appointment went well and that she is better soon. That is really sweet how your older daughter is such a comfort to the younger daughter.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Your poor heart must have been hurting as much as her leg! I sprained mine on our trampoline when I was a little girl, and it hurt just a little bit, but the next morning hurt a lot more. You weren't to know, but because you're a good mom, of course you feel bad about it. That's the natural, although slightly irrational reaction, isn't it? =) Glad she's going to be okay.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger melsmunchkins said...

I'm so sorry to hear she's hurt. I hope it heals quickly. It's so hard when they're little and they get hurt. :(

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

poor sweet girl! i hope she gets better by monday!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Back again to say Happy Mother's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: