Monday, May 14, 2007
Mother's Day Weekend
I hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend. Mine was a little busier than I would have liked.

Saturday morning I had to get up early to open the snack bar. I was at Smart & Final at 7:00am to buy the supplies for Nachos and hot dogs. I didn't want to have any Mother's Day riots over junk food withdrawals. Garrett had a game at 1:30 and I was very thankful for the parents who covered the snack bar so I could watch the game. I finished up around 5:00 when my friend Lori came in and relieved me. It was a long day but we had lots of fun. My 13 year old son, Tyler, worked with me for several hours and we had a lot of good conversations in the good old snack bar this weekend.

Here are some pic's of my little guy during his game.

Preparing to bat.


Hitting a nice fly ball.



Reaction in the dugout to the other teams awesome play....catching his fly ball. He was not happy.

To which his mother told him. Snap out of it kid or your mom will put this picture on her blog. See, I wasn't kidding.

Sunday morning it was up early because my daughter, Samantha, and I had the early service shift in the church nursery. We had 60 children (2 & 3 year olds) and 5 helpers. Needless to say it was very crazy and LOUD, but lots of fun too.

We came home after Church and watched a movie together. I got to cuddle with my kids and it was the best mother's day gift I could have received. It was great to lay around and just hang out together. Dave and the kids went and got lunch at Subway (so I could stay on my diet) and brought it home to me with some great low calorie frozen yogurt. It was yummy, and even better, I ate it on the couch while watching a sappy old movie. Life is sooo good!

In the afternoon we went to the nursery and bought some flowers for the front planter. The kids helped me plant and I really loved sharing that time with them. Here is what it looks like.



Hubby went to Macaroni Grill and got me my favorite dinner. Carmella's Chicken Rigatoni. It is definitely not on the weight watcher's plan. It was yummy! Extra exercise for me this week, but it was so worth it.

The kids also helped clean the whole house this weekend. They mopped, vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms and a bunch more. Thanks guys, I love you all so much.

Most of the weekend I felt so thankful that my children were with me and healthy. Last week there was an awful car accident not to far from our town. A big rig rear ended a woman in her mini van. Her three small children were in the back seat. All three were killed. The mom survived. The funeral for the children was Saturday. The day before Mother's Day. Hold your kids tight and give them extra kisses this week. The thought of losing one of my children sends me to my knees. To lose them all at once is unthinkable. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Labels:


  posted at 6:50 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! :)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Oh julie, that made me cry. That is my worst nightmare. I can't even imagine what that poor mother must be going through right now. I pray she is a christian so she has something to hold on to.

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Your garden is so pretty.

Love, Michelle

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Sounds like you had a restful Sunday, even if Saturday was crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: